Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new GM
Tephlon12 inspired me to start something and the news of the recent update motivated to finish it. Here's a little story I wrote about a new general manager taking the first step to become an Epic Manager!

Mike Rawlings and his father walked towards the neighbors' farm in silence. Earlier that morning, while it was still dark out someone...or somethings...ransacked the place. Fortunately they didn't get inside and nobody was hurt, but they destroyed the large garden, stole chickens and other damage around the farm.
The two arrived at the farm and stopped to survey the damage. The culprits had to small. Goblins? Maybe, but the teeth marks on the side of the wooden shed hinted at another creature. Ratmen.
Mike turned to his father to confirm his suspicion. "Who we need now are adventurers" his father said breaking the silence and surprising Mike with his words.
"What? You mean mercenaries?" Mike asked looking back at the farm.
His father motioned for them towards a group of neighbors and friends picking up wood from a broken fence as he talked, "Not exactly, son. Mercenaries work only for gold and treasures, no matter the deed. I feel adventurers will work not just for gold, but maybe a greater cause. I don't know, it's probably a far fetched idea. Let's get to work." The two joined the others and helped the neighbors with cleaning and rebuilding.

8 years later

Mike sat at his desk scribbling notes on a clipboard while sipping coffee from a wooden mug. He remembered what his father said that day, and thought about it constantly. How many farms and homes throughout Astraeus have been destroyed since then? Or even worse, good people killed by those...things. Not just by filthy ratmen, but by an increasing population of orcs. Something had to be done, and today Mike was starting that something. He shook off his past memories and wrote a few more notes, then wrote at the top of the page, 'Attributes'. He sat back in his chair and reviewed his notes some more. He was interrupted by a knock on his door.
"Mr Rawlings? Everyone is here." his secretary said.
"Excellent! Thank you, Jess." Mike replied, getting up from his chair and taking one more sip of coffee. He grabbed his clipboard and walked out to the work floor. Everyone was standing near their desks, most wearing suits, a few with their headsets on, the others were holding them.
Mike looked at his staff, a mix of scouts and support staff. "Welcome to Endless Adventures, Inc. where the possibilities are endless!" He held up his clipboard, "Here are the attributes I want you all to focus on. On each of your desks are a few names. Those are just a few. There are more out there. Find them. We can make them better." Mike paused, and looked around at his eager staff. "Now, let's get to work."
[+] 2 users Like Mark Albrecht's post
[+] 2 users Like Mark Albrecht's post
Really like this story! Please feel free to send more our way. Smile
Frank "Lalight" Lalumière
ManaVoid Entertainment Dev Team
[+] 1 user Likes Frank's post
[+] 1 user Likes Frank's post
Wow! Fantastic Mark!
Can't tell you how nice it was to begin our work day by reading your story out loud in the office! Thank you!

Ps: Something tells me we might very well be using the first part of your story in an upcoming quest Big Grin

Best regards mate! We look forward to showing you more of the game real soon, thanks for your continued support!
Simon 'OISIN' Girard
ManaVoid Entertainment
[+] 1 user Likes Simon's post
[+] 1 user Likes Simon's post
Haha! I love starting my day reading stuff like this.

Thanks Mark!
Christopher ''The DM'' Chancey
ManaVoid Entertainment Dev Team
@ManaVoidChancey
[+] 1 user Likes Chancey's post
[+] 1 user Likes Chancey's post
Thanks for the kind words!! I appreciate it. Noticed a few grammar/word out errors in there, sorry for that!
I had it bouncing around in my head so it felt good to get it out there.
Already have an idea for another one. Stay tuned! Smile
[+] 3 users Like Mark Albrecht's post
[+] 3 users Like Mark Albrecht's post