Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In the Gold League!
Just wanting to give you an update of a productive game playing weekend I had. Smile After rereading it, I noticed it turned into mostly rambling about my strategy and such.

I'm in the final trimester of the Gold league.. even though I'm on Easy mode.. I still feel good about it. I was first place all trimesters in Bronze and Silver leagues, but to my surprise I finished SECOND after the first trimester in the Gold. Right now I'm standing strong in 3rd place place.

The team management and adventurer hiring has been challenging, but not impossible and I have taken a few risks with lowballing a few adventurers and gotten lucky. I think it's the right level of difficulty in the easy mode. It requires a little thought but it's also forgiving, and as you gain levels and advance then it takes more thought. Right now my 1 team is my high level squad, with my second team being a lower level. My 1 squad has adventurers between levels 12-21 and the 2 squad between levels 5-10. I'm considering.... and it may be the death of me, or at least my agency... is keeping a 3 man heavy hitter / high level squad on 1, and having a rotating lower level but 4 person squad on 2 with the thinking that I could save a little bit of salary cap space to afford the higher levels. We'll see if it works and if I go forward with it.

Here are a few things I consider about two categories.

Quests:
1. Always have a full quest log. Once you get two scout points per turn it is easy to do.
2. When you scout for new quests, close the dialog screen, it doesn't prevent you from not adding the quests. This way you can more easily see where those quests are on the map.
3. Location location location! Quest location is just as important as how much it pays in gold and fame. I ALWAYS add a quest if it is one turn away from one of my waypoints. This way I have a quick quest if I have contracts expiring or a trimester ending.
3B. Look at your contracts before going to a quest. You may not want to go on a quest that will take you 5 turns to arrive at if you have an adventurer contract expiring in 2. What if you can't resign him and he leaves? You down a person and a few turns away from a city.

Contracts & Adventurers:
1. Know what epic level (how may potential stars) your adventurers have when their contracts expire. May be more affordable to let a fully maxed 2 star adventurer walk and sign a 1 star but 5 star potential adventurer.
2. Match adventurers with the rest of your team you want. Mix of healers and fighters, physical and arcane damage, single and group damage.
3. This past play through was the first time I really paid attention to my adventurer traits... Fighting, agility, arcane, and charisma.. and used that to select my next class. I feel it helped the adventurer's new special moves and I'm hoping this will also be a factor once I reach high enough levels for prestige classes. Again, we shall see.

That's all I got. Hope this helps any new person struggling or just another way to look at something or gave you laugh if you find my strategies completely wrong.
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Albrecht's post
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Albrecht's post
(01-17-2017, 04:53 AM)Mark Albrecht Wrote: Just wanting to give you an update of a productive game playing weekend I had. Smile After rereading it, I noticed it turned into mostly rambling about my strategy and such.

I'm in the final trimester of the Gold league.. even though I'm on Easy mode.. I still feel good about it. I was first place all trimesters in Bronze and Silver leagues, but to my surprise I finished SECOND after the first trimester in the Gold. Right now I'm standing strong in 3rd place place.

The team management and adventurer hiring has been challenging, but not impossible and I have taken a few risks with lowballing a few adventurers and gotten lucky.  I think it's the right level of difficulty in the easy mode. It requires a little thought but it's also forgiving, and as you gain levels and advance then it takes more thought. Right now my 1 team is my high level squad, with my second team being a lower level. My 1 squad has adventurers between levels 12-21 and the 2 squad between levels 5-10. I'm considering.... and it may be the death of me, or at least my agency... is keeping a 3 man heavy hitter / high level squad on 1, and having a rotating lower level but 4 person squad on 2 with the thinking that I could save a little bit of salary cap space to afford the higher levels. We'll see if it works and if I go forward with it.

Here are a few things I consider about two categories.

Quests:
1. Always have a full quest log. Once you get two scout points per turn it is easy to do.
2. When you scout for new quests, close the dialog screen, it doesn't prevent you from not adding the quests. This way you can more easily see where those quests are on the map.
3. Location location location! Quest location is just as important as how much it pays in gold and fame. I ALWAYS add a quest if it is one turn away from one of my waypoints. This way I have a quick quest if I have contracts expiring or a trimester ending.
3B. Look at your contracts before going to a quest. You may not want to go on a quest that will take you 5 turns to arrive at if you have an adventurer contract expiring in 2. What if you can't resign him and he leaves? You down a person and a few turns away from a city.

Contracts & Adventurers:
1. Know what epic level (how may potential stars) your adventurers have when their contracts expire. May be more affordable to let a fully maxed 2 star adventurer walk and sign a 1 star but 5 star potential adventurer.
2. Match adventurers with the rest of your team you want. Mix of healers and fighters, physical and arcane damage, single and group damage.
3. This past play through was the first time I really paid attention to my adventurer traits... Fighting, agility, arcane, and charisma.. and used that to select my next class. I feel it helped the adventurer's new special moves and I'm hoping this will also be a factor once I reach high enough levels for prestige classes. Again, we shall see.

That's all I got. Hope this helps any new person struggling or just another way to look at something or gave you laugh if you find my strategies completely wrong.

Well done Mark!

There's a thread for people looking for this kind of information on the Steam discussions page if ever you want to post your thoughts and compare them with others there!

Here's the link: https://steamcommunity.com/app/391280/di...497810064/

Wink
Christopher ''The DM'' Chancey
ManaVoid Entertainment Dev Team
@ManaVoidChancey
[+] 1 user Likes Chancey's post
[+] 1 user Likes Chancey's post