Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comments on Journeyman 0.2.3
(I would've put this in Player Feedback but I appear not to have thread posting rights there, so here I am instead.)

I just filled out the post-campaign survey but I figured a couple of my comments might be more useful in long form instead.

Status: One campaign aborted a trimester or so in once I figured out mechanics and wanted a fresh go, one campaign ended in Silver League after the first trimester in Position 12.

1) Combat needs more fine-tuning. It might be due to the classes I had for my main party (Druid, Spellsword, Mage, Mage) but almost every combat came down to all Focus on turn 1 and then Mages kill everything with Arcane Nova and Druid and Spellsword either clean up or stand around being useless. Spellsword self buff is awful and should never be used on a low level character. 6 AP for +70% damage is really bad when combat's going to end by maybe the 3rd turn anyway, AP regen isn't that high, and the character can do more damage just by swinging normally. (Note: this is mainly for Quest fights. I tended to just Flee from the Random encounters that gave me fights equally matched to my party levels because there wasn't any huge incentive to fight them.)

2) Fame acquisition by rival agencies at Silver+/Fame acquisition for your own Agency at Threat level 2 Quests needs to be looked at.

All throughout Bronze I had 0 issues staying at Rank 1 in the League. Had to trek around a bunch in order to get quests near the end but at least the rewards went up so it was still fine. I felt great, felt like I had a real handle on the way the game was supposed to be played. I did kind of hit a wall on not being able to buy the Upgrade to Rank 3 due to lack of funds (I teleported a couple times to get to Quests faster but even that money wouldn't have gotten me the 10k) but otherwise it wasn't an issue. Then I was promoted into Silver and got smashed. It felt like the rival agencies were now getting the same or better Fame rewards I was but getting them every 2 or 3 weeks instead of every 4 or however many it took me to get from place to place. Threat 2 quests are just placed all around at random places far out and take awhile to trek to, I no longer had Portals to place even though I had felt previously that my portals were in a great place, and I got punted out in the First Trimester.

That felt pretty bad, but what's worse is that I don't know what I can do on future campaigns to fix that as things stand. Is it lack of portals or bad placement? Did I take bad Quest locations or get screwed by RNG? Was I supposed to be using cash on defaming in order to squeak by the cut (it wasn't close enough tbh, I needed to use cash to teleport to even have a chance)?
[+] 1 user Likes Spectrum's post
[+] 1 user Likes Spectrum's post
(07-25-2016, 11:42 AM)Spectrum Wrote: (I would've put this in Player Feedback but I appear not to have thread posting rights there, so here I am instead.)

I just filled out the post-campaign survey but I figured a couple of my comments might be more useful in long form instead.

Status: One campaign aborted a trimester or so in once I figured out mechanics and wanted a fresh go, one campaign ended in Silver League after the first trimester in Position 12.

1) Combat needs more fine-tuning. It might be due to the classes I had for my main party (Druid, Spellsword, Mage, Mage) but almost every combat came down to all Focus on turn 1 and then Mages kill everything with Arcane Nova and Druid and Spellsword either clean up or stand around being useless. Spellsword self buff is awful and should never be used on a low level character. 6 AP for +70% damage is really bad when combat's going to end by maybe the 3rd turn anyway, AP regen isn't that high, and the character can do more damage just by swinging normally. (Note: this is mainly for Quest fights. I tended to just Flee from the Random encounters that gave me fights equally matched to my party levels because there wasn't any huge incentive to fight them.)

2) Fame acquisition by rival agencies at Silver+/Fame acquisition for your own Agency at Threat level 2 Quests needs to be looked at.

All throughout Bronze I had 0 issues staying at Rank 1 in the League. Had to trek around a bunch in order to get quests near the end but at least the rewards went up so it was still fine. I felt great, felt like I had a real handle on the way the game was supposed to be played. I did kind of hit a wall on not being able to buy the Upgrade to Rank 3 due to lack of funds (I teleported a couple times to get to Quests faster but even that money wouldn't have gotten me the 10k) but otherwise it wasn't an issue. Then I was promoted into Silver and got smashed. It felt like the rival agencies were now getting the same or better Fame rewards I was but getting them every 2 or 3 weeks instead of every 4 or however many it took me to get from place to place. Threat 2 quests are just placed all around at random places far out and take awhile to trek to, I no longer had Portals to place even though I had felt previously that my portals were in a great place, and I got punted out in the First Trimester.

That felt pretty bad, but what's worse is that I don't know what I can do on future campaigns to fix that as things stand. Is it lack of portals or bad placement? Did I take bad Quest locations or get screwed by RNG? Was I supposed to be using cash on defaming in order to squeak by the cut (it wasn't close enough tbh, I needed to use cash to teleport to even have a chance)?

Hey Spectrum!

We made some pretty cool changes today in regards to this issue specifically, quests give a bit more gold now and licences are a bit cheaper than they were, teleporting as well, making the road to that 2nd Party unlock much more attainable. The game now flows much better! 

Comments like these are crucial to us making the game better on a daily basis so thank you for the feedback! 
I'm sure you'll find your next playthrough even more fun!

Cheers!
Christopher ''The DM'' Chancey
ManaVoid Entertainment Dev Team
@ManaVoidChancey
[+] 1 user Likes Chancey's post
[+] 1 user Likes Chancey's post