Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The futur of Epic Manager
Hi there,

I'm not part of the closed beta. I heard of this game first on Steam yesterday, I'm hyped ... And scared! You'll get my money at some point, that much is granted. However it is mentioned that a lot of features are planned or being working on. Even if the game is "good enough" on Monday it may hurt the improved experience I'd have if I patiently wait for it to be finished. On the other hand, a constant stream of new features, arts and mechanisms could have me clock count-less hours into this.

So, what is the futur of Epic Manager?  

On another note, the concept isn't new and had great time with similar titles. Special mention to one of the lesser known: Valthirian Arc, a free flash game that has fame system and spiraling expenses to an unavoidable doom as well.

- Lulero
[+] 1 user Likes Lulero's post
(07-23-2016, 05:44 PM)Lulero Wrote: Hi there,

I'm not part of the closed beta. I heard of this game first on Steam yesterday, I'm hyped ... And scared! You'll get my money at some point, that much is granted. However it is mentioned that a lot of features are planned or being working on. Even if the game is "good enough" on Monday it may hurt the improved experience I'd have if I patiently wait for it to be finished. On the other hand, a constant stream of new features, arts and mechanisms could have me clock count-less hours into this.

So, what is the futur of Epic Manager?  

On another note, the concept isn't new and had great time with similar titles. Special mention to one of the lesser known: Valthirian Arc, a free flash game that has fame system and spiraling expenses to an unavoidable doom as well.

- Lulero

Hi Lulero!

Thanks for your interest in Epic Manager.

To be honest, the game is fairly advanced for an Early Access title, in my opinion. We want to add some features, like new merchants, a trade mechanic, and some prestige classes. We are mainly going to tweak the game balance and the player progression to make it feel even better. The lay of the land is pretty much set, but tweaks here and there can go a long way.

That being said, I think the game is already fun and by joining in now your feedback could have an impact on the finished product. We are very responsive to player feedback and we do want to create the very best version of Epic Manager we can.

I had a look at Valthirian Arc which I had never heard of before and it's much more japanese in style, mostly in real time, and does not have the 21st century management approach to the whole fantasy genre. I feel our game is quite different, but like we said on our Steam page Epic Manager is a work of passion intended to show the fact that we're gamers and fantasy fans. We're not trying to hide in any shape or form the fact that games, novels, movies, series, pop culture, table top rpgs, and board games are huge inspirations for us.

Ok, I'm rambling. Thanks again for popping up and don't hesitate to contact us again with more questions!

Regards.
Frank "Lalight" Lalumière
ManaVoid Entertainment Dev Team
[+] 4 users Like Frank's post
[+] 4 users Like Frank's post
(07-24-2016, 02:25 AM)Frank Wrote: Thanks for your interest in Epic Manager.

To be honest, the game is fairly advanced for an Early Access title, in my opinion. We want to add some features, like new merchants, a trade mechanic, and some prestige classes. We are mainly going to tweak the game balance and the player progression to make it feel even better. The lay of the land is pretty much set, but tweaks here and there can go a long way.

That being said, I think the game is already fun and by joining in now your feedback could have an impact on the finished product. We are very responsive to player feedback and we do want to create the very best version of Epic Manager we can.

I had a look at Valthirian Arc which I had never heard of before and it's much more japanese in style, mostly in real time, and does not have the 21st century management approach to the whole fantasy genre. I feel our game is quite different, but like we said on our Steam page Epic Manager is a work of passion intended to show the fact that we're gamers and fantasy fans. We're not trying to hide in any shape or form the fact that games, novels, movies, series, pop culture, table top rpgs, and board games are huge inspirations for us.

Ok, I'm rambling. Thanks again for popping up and don't hesitate to contact us again with more questions!

Regards.

Thank for your answer Frank Smile

Glad to hear it's that close to the finished product, I play too many games as a hobbyist game designer lately. I don't wanna send you feedback other than praises and I'm still not sure what to do on release Tongue .

That flash game is different in many ways, yes, also from what I can tell it doesn't have the same depth (far from it). I mentioned it because it still is a rpg management game, has the unavoidable game over and is IMO relatively well executed. I'm curious to know: is there a way to go "endless" with Epic Manager?

A different take on this aspect that I like: Another game, again very different but with similarities, is the board game Blood Bowl. I'd be surprised if you don't know that one, but maybe you are not familiar with the spiraling expenses introduced since LRB5 (version 5 of the rule-book). It adds a lot to the management part and doesn't let you keep an "all star" team (not even close). You can try to avoid bankruptcy by replacing them with rookies but if victory eludes you and/or if casualties are pilling on, you will have to forfeit your team.

- Lulero

EDIT: If you couldn't tell yet, I'm a bit scared about the "unavoidable" game-over Big Grin
(07-24-2016, 09:21 AM)Lulero Wrote:
(07-24-2016, 02:25 AM)Frank Wrote: Thanks for your interest in Epic Manager.

Regards.

Thank for your answer Frank Smile

Glad to hear it's that close to the finished product, I play too many games as a hobbyist game designer lately. I don't wanna send you feedback other than praises and I'm still not sure what to do on release  Tongue .

That flash game is different in many ways, yes, also from what I can tell it doesn't have the same depth (far from it). I mentioned it because it still is a rpg management game, has the unavoidable game over and is IMO relatively well executed. I'm curious to know: is there a way to go "endless" with Epic Manager?

A different take on this aspect that I like: Another game, again very different but with similarities, is the board game Blood Bowl. I'd be surprised if you don't know that one, but maybe you are not familiar with the spiraling expenses introduced since LRB5 (version 5 of the rule-book). It adds a lot to the management part and doesn't let you keep an "all star" team (not even close). You can try to avoid bankruptcy by replacing them with rookies but if victory eludes you and/or if casualties are pilling on, you will have to forfeit your team.

- Lulero

EDIT: If you couldn't tell yet, I'm a bit scared about the "unavoidable" game-over Big Grin

Well I don't know if you pulled the trigger by now. We did manage to get a backlop of post with the release on Monday.

We might (might, no certainties) consider adding one. The thing is that the flow of the game and the level of challenge presented in tightly knit with the league rankings. It's what pushes you to go just a bit faster than you'd like and puts you in a position where you have to make a hard decision.

In any case the game over is avoidable, just rank high enough Big Grin
It always plays into the rogue like aspect of the game where we intend on having players do multiple runs to get the hang of things and sometimes learn by failing. Smile

Cheers!
Frank "Lalight" Lalumière
ManaVoid Entertainment Dev Team