Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
BUG - Can't hire more heroes
#1
I would have posted this in the Technical Support forum, but it's still locked to VETERAN ADVENTURES and above.

I started 2 different games today, and hit the same problem with both games. Once my agency has 7 heroes, I'm effectively locked out of hiring an 8th. I'm operating under the impression that this is a bug and not by design since even attempting to rehire a hero once hitting 7/9 locks me into the same inescapable fail offering loop. This basically makes progress unobtainable past this point for me.

[Image: EXSXnTH.png]
Reply
#2
Here's a screen shot of a renegotiation failure. Even after failing and dropping down to 6/9 heroes, the bug persists. I can't hire another hero to go back to 7/9. I have a feeling it will stay that way, all the way through losing every existing hired hero when their contract expires.

[Image: RtNThEz.png]
Reply
#3
(07-22-2016, 02:56 PM)RyanRidlen Wrote: I would have posted this in the Technical Support forum, but it's still locked to VETERAN ADVENTURES and above.

I started 2 different games today, and hit the same problem with both games. Once my agency has 7 heroes, I'm effectively locked out of hiring an 8th. I'm operating under the impression that this is a bug and not by design since even attempting to rehire a hero once hitting 7/9 locks me into the same inescapable fail offering loop. This basically makes progress unobtainable past this point for me.

[Image: EXSXnTH.png]

Hey and thanks for your comments.

I think there's 2 things going on. First you have a maximum amount of adventurers that can be hired at one time. This limit is raised with every license you buy.

There's also a salary cap in gold to keep in mind. Juts like in professional sports, you're going to have to maintain your total salary under the cap at every moment. That could indeed mean it becomes impossible for you to rehire every adventurer as they become stronger and stronger. Negotiating lower contracts could help. Hiring some less powrful adventurer at a cheaper price to support your stronger ones can also work. Also, when signing an adventurer you can pay part of his salary in advance to lower the total cost and lower the impact of the salary on your cap usage.

That being said there could be a bug too. Try to keep what I said in mind and let us know if it's something else.

Cheers!
Frank "Lalight" Lalumière
ManaVoid Entertainment Dev Team
Reply
#4
Thank you for the quick reply. Neither of those things should be at play here. I have a hero cap of 9, with 7 hired. There's also cap space of more than 400 under the salary cap as shown by the green number next to the salary cap icon in the pictures. In both of those pictures I have the signing bonus set to 60% to maximize the cap space available. Even when I lose a hero due to an expiring contract, I cannot sign a new one, even though I'd obviously be under the cap after losing one. I get the same 34% chance rejection and 66% failure after hiring 7 heroes.
[+] 1 user Likes RyanRidlen's post
Reply
[+] 1 user Likes RyanRidlen's post
#5
(07-23-2016, 06:53 PM)RyanRidlen Wrote: Thank you for the quick reply. Neither of those things should be at play here. I have a hero cap of 9, with 7 hired. There's also cap space of more than 400 under the salary cap as shown by the green number next to the salary cap icon in the pictures. In both of those pictures I have the signing bonus set to 60% to maximize the cap space available. Even when I lose a hero due to an expiring contract, I cannot sign a new one, even though I'd obviously be under the cap after losing one. I get the same 34% chance rejection and 66% failure after hiring 7 heroes.

Ok, thanks for following up.

Perhaps it's a more deeply rooted issue then. We'll investigate it and try some tests in our end.

I'll be honest, with the Early Access coming Monday our team of 4 is already a bit spread thin, but we'll look into this asap. Smile

Keep reporting any issues and don't hesitate to give us your thoughts on the game, your experience, or any other subject you feel are pertinent.

Cheers!
Frank "Lalight" Lalumière
ManaVoid Entertainment Dev Team
[+] 1 user Likes Frank's post
Reply
[+] 1 user Likes Frank's post
#6
Fixed with today's upcoming v.0.2.4 patch! Big Grin

Thanks for reporting this!
Simon 'OISIN' Girard
ManaVoid Entertainment
[+] 1 user Likes Simon's post
Reply
[+] 1 user Likes Simon's post


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)