Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comments & observations
Combat

1-BUG) When using the Bard's sleep, the text on the enemies' icon-effect doesn't say anything (something like "Mod -100")

(all others are non-bugs)

2) I wish there was a "Delay" option :
- When delaying, you let the next 1-2 characters play in the initiative, allowing the player to use strategy and combos effectively (Using the bard first, then the attackers) instead of skipping entire turns
- Possible Penalty : If Delay has been used, the character cannot pass to gain more AP next turn
- Possible Penalty : Delaying maybe could use 1AP

Quest level

1) I think something must be changed in the quest's rating.
- I am not using Scouting, and never will, because it's still usually not necessary to do so.
- The quest "Convincing arguments" is level 1, but all enemies are level 2 (and require a level 2 party to complete the quest). It's the first quest I got from Hildric (after the tutorial), and I nearly got wiped (had to flee). I think the "quest level" should match (more or less) the average party's level required to beat the quest.
- Right now, I think it's confusing, because the quests in the tutorial are also level 1 (and you cannot fail them, too easy).

Category yet to be named

1) Still angry at the first event, for many reasons :
a) Main reason : realism. My PARTY got robbed (which I don't care), but my AGENCY lost half of its gold (250/500).
- If I have 4 partys in the end-game, will they all be carrying Half my Agency's gold? It makes no sense. I pay my level 1 adventurers 50 golds/day. THEY get robbed, not me.
- Thinking more about this : my party doesn't have an inventory. When they find useful Equipement in the forest, they send it via mail to the agency, and they cannot equip it on the spot (so why are they carrying my gold). Realism-wise : I think the party should have and inventory, be able to equip/use whatever they find on their travel (trade with other parties) and give it to the agency whenever they touch a portal. Maybe potions and stuff should be "equipped" to parties, as well, instead of being globally accessible.
- Second reason : My adventurers asked to be paid to be at the event, and then they got robbed half of the agency's money prior to the payment (or a straight 250). How much did I get paid? I would have thought that whatever money I received was stolen, so I gain Zero, and not lose everything.
Bug : the tutorial says that you must reach level 5 to upgrade the license to level 2 , but it's now 3.
[+] 1 user Likes Jean-François Pruneau's post
Head trainer : the generalist seems to be better than everyone else. +10 to all 4 stats, instead of +10 to 2 stats.
New feature - Teleport out of town. 1600 Gold to save 1 day of travel is way too much for a 100gp/day party. Using teleport should be used at best to save money, or to save time. Since time is of little essence in the game. I don't see why the option exist.
(07-19-2016, 07:13 AM)Jean-François Pruneau Wrote: New feature - Teleport out of town. 1600 Gold to save 1 day of travel is way too much for a 100gp/day party. Using teleport should be used at best to save money, or to save time. Since time is of little essence in the game. I don't see why the option exist.

Hey JF!

This feature is simply to give the players an option in case they are falling behind in fame to reach a quest faster for a cost in gold. Also, quests of threat level 2 are often 2000 gold and up so depending on where you are, saving 3-4 turns to get back to a portal might actually be beneficial in the overall gold management. The gold cost for the teleport mechanic is directly linked to your party's average level, so a strategy might be to mix and match your higher levels with lower ones to lower the teleport cost and power level the newbies! 

We will of course keep an eye on the feedback for this mechanic, if people feel it isn't fun we will modify it accordingly.

Thanks for the feedback as always! 
I've noted the bugs you've written up and we will be fixing them in the following patches.

Cheers.
Christopher ''The DM'' Chancey
ManaVoid Entertainment Dev Team
@ManaVoidChancey
[+] 2 users Like Chancey's post
[+] 2 users Like Chancey's post
I will probably never use it then, unless I am very very far, because then it may become a good choice.

I think distance to nearest portal should be taken into account. If you're far, then you pay more. If the amount was "2 or 3 actual salary day" for each tile travelled, then I'd probably pay the price, but not 16.
(07-21-2016, 02:55 PM)Jean-François Pruneau Wrote: I will probably never use it then, unless I am very very far, because then it may become a good choice.

I think distance to nearest portal should be taken into account. If you're far, then you pay more. If the amount was "2 or 3 actual salary day" for each tile travelled, then I'd probably pay the price, but not 16.

I'm not saying we won't take the distance to portal into account. Although we also played many runs and that it's not 16 times the amount of weekly salary for one node... perhaps sometimes it gets to that but the range varies greatly depending on your party's consitution and how you deployed portals and where you currently are. Sometimes it's worth it and other time not.

We're just getting ready for Early Access, so yes the game already evolved, but we do have work to do about the game flow, balance, and such. The pace of the game will probably become faster with time so give us a moment to get it out to the public and we'll get right back to upgrading it. Smile

Thanks again for your ideas JF.
Frank "Lalight" Lalumière
ManaVoid Entertainment Dev Team
[+] 1 user Likes Frank's post
[+] 1 user Likes Frank's post
(07-22-2016, 10:12 PM)Frank Wrote: We're just getting ready for Early Access, so yes the game already evolved, but we do have work to do about the game flow, balance, and such. The pace of the game will probably become faster with time so give us a moment to get it out to the public and we'll get right back to upgrading it. Smile

Thanks again for your ideas JF.

Keep up the good work!
I think camping should be made better :

1) I think Camping in ALL towns should restore wounds, or make the adventurers pay to sleep in an INN or something. I don't understand the why a portal is needed to heal wounds.

2) I still think camping outside should heal wounds, maybe even only 1 to a random wounded adventurer.
Still badly need warning when ending turn, that unspent scouting points are available.
I think we should be able to respec the chosen skills (at level-up) anytime we want (for free or for a fee).

Because it would be more fun.
In the staff window, under Head Priest and Head Scout sections, when hovering the mouse over the icons, the cost is still "0 / week" instead of "1 point"
I really want to see the characters' stats in combat.

I don't understand why enemy Level 1 Fighters' CHARGE can one-hit kill my level 3 character, and my Level 2 fighter's CHARGE do less damage than theirs.

EDIT :

In the quest "Hijack the caravans", the enemy level 1 fighters :
- Normal attacks deal 71-83 damage
- Charge for 235 with +25% damage buff

My level 2 fighter
- Normal attack is 47
- Charge for 114
A frozen enemy just dodged my attack.

The text over the icon mentions :
"The combatant be unabled to dodge attacks and skills until his next turn."

I also think there's an error in the text.
Sometimes, the Sorcerer's "Wild magic" seems to have no effect, probably because the random debuff is already in effect on the enemy.

In that case, does it stack? Would it be possible to indicate on the icon that the power is doubled?

Also, on the icon "Shocked : The Combatant will take a penalty to all resistances." Would it be possible to display how much?
After the first trimester, I was in first position. There are no reward to be 1st, but you get hatred. I think there should be a small reward (Gold / items / fame) given to the top 3, in order to justify being hated.
Still comparing fighters.

Quest "The first test"

Enemy Fighter level 3
- normal Attack : 129 (+25%), 156 (Crit)
- Charge :

My fighter level 3
- Normal attack : 59-66
- Charge : 142-158, 272 (Crit)
Typo : My fighter just got to level 4, and I'm hesitating between "Extra defense"

Bug : When I started a combat against goblins, the selected enemy (in the bottom right corner) was still the Cleric from the last battle.
Another refresh problem, from last battle.

Fighter is selected
Spellblade is displayed with HP from last battle