Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steam 32bit Hard Mode RNG
I don't know what it is about the hard mode RNG in this version, but I can't get through the second battle without my team being severely wounded or have one of them dead.

(Backstory) Got to silver rank on normal, wanted to try to get prestige classes, also wanted to try hard again, I've spent 10 new games just trying to get past the second battle without the above happening.

Why am I complaining about RNG? Why don't I just get good? 
Because whether I do Hijack the Caravans or Natures Defender as my first quest (after Everan) 75% of the attacks inflict bleeding or a wound, with the warrior in the Hijack quest always causing a wound with his first attack. Every time. Also they seem to be dodging at least more than 5%, I'd put the range around 25%. And the random encounters I seem to be getting early are hardly ever helpful options. Their base stats also seem be ridiculously high.

I understand hard mode is supposed to be "hard", but at least let me build some foundations, before putting me at the mercy of the RNG engine.

Also, the 64bit RNG seems to be more forgiving for some reason, like the exact opposite as described above, because I started my first couple of games three days ago using it, and I was able to at least make progress through the game while learning the mechanics. I eventually switched to 32 bit because it ran on my PC better and it just seems like 2 completely different games.

Anyways, I'm going back to normal to try to figure out the combination for Spirit Guide.
(12-18-2016, 04:24 AM)ic1025 Wrote: I don't know what it is about the hard mode RNG in this version, but I can't get through the second battle without my team being severely wounded or have one of them dead.

(Backstory) Got to silver rank on normal, wanted to try to get prestige classes, also wanted to try hard again, I've spent 10 new games just trying to get past the second battle without the above happening.

Why am I complaining about RNG? Why don't I just get good? 
Because whether I do Hijack the Caravans or Natures Defender as my first quest (after Everan) 75% of the attacks inflict bleeding or a wound, with the warrior in the Hijack quest always causing a wound with his first attack. Every time. Also they seem to be dodging at least more than 5%, I'd put the range around 25%. And the random encounters I seem to be getting early are hardly ever helpful options. Their base stats also seem be ridiculously high.

I understand hard mode is supposed to be "hard", but at least let me build some foundations, before putting me at the mercy of the RNG engine.

Also, the 64bit RNG seems to be more forgiving for some reason, like the exact opposite as described above, because I started my first couple of games three days ago using it, and I was able to at least make progress through the game while learning the mechanics. I eventually switched to 32 bit because it ran on my PC better and it just seems like 2 completely different games.

Anyways, I'm going back to normal to try to figure out the combination for Spirit Guide.

Hey ic1025!

I promise you there are no differences between the 64bit and 32bit versions and the base stats don't change in the game difficulty, just the damage output, it really is just bad RNG in this case XD. The damage output being greater in the harder modes, it makes it easier to gain wounds as well. We know 'Hard' mode is no walk in the party, but if it's any consolation, many players have managed to beat it. It can be done!

Hang in there!... And you might want to stay away from 'Nightmare Mode' if you ever do manage to beat 'Hard'... Wink

Cheers!
Christopher ''The DM'' Chancey
ManaVoid Entertainment Dev Team
@ManaVoidChancey