Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Street Referral mechanic broken?
My street referral recruitment campaigns are displaying 4-5 star adventurers at level 1 for 500 gold and 1 scouting point. I love getting the best adventurers at the lowest level with a level 2 agency, but this has to be an oversight, right?
Hey Schatzeder!

That's really strange and is indeed a bug, I'll look into it in the morning!

Thanks for reporting it! Smile
Christopher ''The DM'' Chancey
ManaVoid Entertainment Dev Team
@ManaVoidChancey
[+] 1 user Likes Chancey's post
(12-01-2016, 04:08 PM)Schatzeder Wrote: My street referral recruitment campaigns are displaying 4-5 star adventurers at level 1 for 500 gold and 1 scouting point. I love getting the best adventurers at the lowest level with a level 2 agency, but this has to be an oversight, right?

Oh I misunderstood the OP. XD

Street referral is one of the new recruitment campaigns we added. It gives you a level 1 adventurer of 4-5 star epicness. This allows the player to pay gold to get higher potential characters earlier, but you also have to keep in mind that higher epicness costs more during negotiation/renegotiation, so there is an advantage/disadvantage aspect to consider when using this strategy. 

Also, since it's obtained with a level 2 licence, the quests are usually already at a higher threat level around the map, making a level 1 character vulnerable on the field early on. So it's also a risk-reward thing.

Let us know how this new mechanic works for you, all feedback on our new implementations are crucial to making the game the best it can be!
@ManaVoidChancey
Oh wow. Yeah that seems like it will spoil the drafting procedure. In previous games, the best method was to spam Flyer Distribution and hope for a 3 star with a juicy trait, but now, maybe 15 turns into the game, I have my choice of 5 star adventurers every turn, even ones whose job path I can perfectly synergise. Before, the only time you could get a fresh 5 star was during the draft. This makes the game a lot easier, and good adventurers feel less worked for.

I like the risk-reward aspect, but I feel like the reward is insanely high for a small risk, and a level 2 agency is very soon to have access to the best potential adventurers in the game, and since the climb just got longer, it sours the rest of it. Maybe I'm alone in that, but there's my two cents.

Anyways, keep up the good work, love the game besides.
(12-02-2016, 06:56 AM)Schatzeder Wrote: Oh wow. Yeah that seems like it will spoil the drafting procedure. In previous games, the best method was to spam Flyer Distribution and hope for a 3 star with a juicy trait, but now, maybe 15 turns into the game, I have my choice of 5 star adventurers every turn, even ones whose job path I can perfectly synergise. Before, the only time you could get a fresh 5 star was during the draft. This makes the game a lot easier, and good adventurers feel less worked for.

I like the risk-reward aspect, but I feel like the reward is insanely high for a small risk, and a level 2 agency is very soon to have access to the best potential adventurers in the game, and since the climb just got longer, it sours the rest of it. Maybe I'm alone in that, but there's my two cents.

Anyways, keep up the good work, love the game besides.

Hey Schatzeder!

Interesting thought!

Keep going and let me know if you find the game too easy because of this, I might just make it a bit more expensive to compensate.

Thanks for the kind words on the game, if you feel up to it, leave us a review on Steam, it really helps us out and it goes a long way towards helping other players find the game.
Big Grin
@ManaVoidChancey
Personally I did most of my recruiting using the Street Referral, but now after they are all at levels 4-6, it's costing me a fortune. Now I need to go into team management mode and let some guys go and replace them with lower cost guys. We'll see how it works out. So I think the benefits are there early on, but after their first contract expires, they're demand goes way up. If I had to do it over, I probably will only do one or two of these, then the rest with flyers to build my second team.