Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
world overview
Keep up the good work, eagerly awaiting prestige classes... Just a few thoughts that could make it even better....

1) terrain movement - mountains, swamps should take longer to traverse vs paved roads, it could add a layer to the gameplay when choosing adventures as it adds to the time constraint.

2) Possibly adding mounts for the travelling... I know portals are the current medium of travel, but maybe having mounts can minimize time in adverse terrain.... just thoughts.

3) Seasons should effect movement... weather in particular should effect movement, rain/snow vs regular climate....

4) Bonus for qualifying with a medal at trimester, should give some sort of incentive instead of merely ending the game if not qualified.  Why should one wish to be a medal holder when all you get is a punitive -25 hatred.

5) Bonus for fealty for certain factions (i.e thieves guild allows you to steal more money from other guilds etc.  Mage guild allows you to always have a potential mage or sorcerer when recruiting etc.)

6) Delay option should be added to the combat thus a bard can sing their song buffing the party prior to your warrior charging forth.

7) Races included for the heros you hire:
elf - 10% initiative bonus plus no forest penalty if entire party is elven
dwarf - 10 extra hp per level plus no mountain penalty if whole party is dwarven
Half orc - 10% critical bonus but penalty to charisma etc.

The game is fun... starts being challenging at gold level... but I finished 1st in it already so cant wait to face harder opponents... hopefully dragons, and more undead, etc.
(10-05-2016, 08:35 PM)kymil durothil Wrote: Keep up the good work, eagerly awaiting prestige classes... Just a few thoughts that could make it even better....

1) terrain movement - mountains, swamps should take longer to traverse vs paved roads, it could add a layer to the gameplay when choosing adventures as it adds to the time constraint.

2) Possibly adding mounts for the travelling... I know portals are the current medium of travel, but maybe having mounts can minimize time in adverse terrain.... just thoughts.

3) Seasons should effect movement... weather in particular should effect movement, rain/snow vs regular climate....

4) Bonus for qualifying with a medal at trimester, should give some sort of incentive instead of merely ending the game if not qualified.  Why should one wish to be a medal holder when all you get is a punitive -25 hatred.

5) Bonus for fealty for certain factions (i.e thieves guild allows you to steal more money from other guilds etc.  Mage guild allows you to always have a potential mage or sorcerer when recruiting etc.)

6) Delay option should be added to the combat thus a bard can sing their song buffing the party prior to your warrior charging forth.

7) Races included for the heros you hire:
elf - 10% initiative bonus plus no forest penalty if entire party is elven
dwarf - 10 extra hp per level plus no mountain penalty if whole party is dwarven
Half orc - 10% critical bonus but penalty to charisma etc.

The game is fun... starts being challenging at gold level... but I finished 1st in it already so cant wait to face harder opponents... hopefully dragons, and more undead, etc.

Hey Kymil!

1 to 3) Terrain and movement points is certainly something we considered when designing the game orginally and that idea was kindof tossed aside as the game's development continued. It's definitely an idea we will be considering again for Epic Manager 2, but it would be too much of a balance changer at this point in the development process to add it to Epic Manager.

4) This is a fair point, obviously it's less risky to thrash the competition and end up first even if you get a few defamation campaigns afterwards than to stay at 5th position just hovering outside of the hatred range, but this isn't enough. When the endgame will be properly added to Epic Manager, there will be a rating at the end that will depend on how many trophies you've had throughout the game. This rating will unlock Steam achievements down the road.

5) There are already bonuses for reputation with all of the factions. You can check them out by clicking on the "Reputations" tab just over the End Turn button on the World Map Screen. These need to be clearer for the player though, we're working on it! Smile

6) Turn order is certainly an important thing to consider in our game, as it stands you can influence "Initiative" through items and spells and there will certainly be more of that kind of turn manipulation with the upcoming prestige classes. We will consider adding a "Delay" option.

7) When first making the game we considered adding all of the normal high fantasy races and opted not to at the time. At this point, the gameplay value added would look a lot like our "Traits" mechanic and when we weigh that versus the artwork, rigging and animation we would need to do... Well, it just wouldn't be worth the time invested. That being said, nothing is impossible for Epic Manager 2 and building on what we already have with Epic Manager, it would certainly be conceivable to add races to the mix in the future.

We are really glad you already enjoy the game! We are currently working on our biggest patch yet, it should change the game dramatically with new features, new balancing and difficulty settings. Let's see how you do in the Gold League on Hard Mode! Tongue

Thanks for your interest in our game!
Christopher ''The DM'' Chancey
ManaVoid Entertainment Dev Team
@ManaVoidChancey
[+] 1 user Likes Chancey's post
Sounds great, any timeframe for the new patch that includes prestige classes? Also you are talking of Epic Manager 2, when will Epic Manager be officially released since it is currently in beta, and in that same line of thought is Epic Manager 2 then a year down the line from Epic Manager release?

Hopefully you get the 64 bit issue solved as I currently cant save in that forum, not a biggie since 32 bit works just fine.

Lastly it would be cool to change up player looks so not all sorcerer look alike, I know currently you have a color distinctions, however if you could add subtle face modifications, beards, hair dews etc.

Thanks again... looking forward to seeing the new patch.
(10-06-2016, 11:43 PM)kymil durothil Wrote: Sounds great, any timeframe for the new patch that includes prestige classes?  Also you are talking of Epic Manager 2, when will Epic Manager be officially released since it is currently in beta, and in that same line of thought is Epic Manager 2 then a year down the line from Epic Manager release?  

Hopefully you get the 64 bit issue solved as I currently cant save in that forum, not  a biggie since 32 bit works just fine.  

Lastly it would be cool to change up player looks so not all sorcerer look alike, I know currently you have a color distinctions, however if you could add subtle face modifications, beards, hair dews etc.  

Thanks again... looking forward to seeing the new patch.

The next patch is our biggest one yet, we've added a ton of new features, quests, balancing, endgame content and more. Some of our higher tier Kickstarter backers had the opportunity to help design some prestige classes, so we are still waiting on those forms to get back to us before we start integrating them into the game. In my opinion they will probably be the last big feature that's added to the game since we have to wait on people outside of the studio to send us their design forms. That being said, they have two weeks left to send us their designs before we go forward with what we've got.

The timeline for the next patch is probably going to be towards the end of October. We've added so much to the game that we won't feel comfortable releasing it until we do a few playthroughs to make sure it feels right. I can also confirm that we are trying our hardest to be in full release before Christmas. As for Epic Manager 2, there is no announcement to be made just yet. Wink

Also, the next patch will add about a dozen new beard and hair styles that should help differentiate your adventurers.

I'm not sure what you mean by the 64 bit issue that isn't allowing you to save, but I would be intrigued to hear more about it, perhaps start a thread in our bug section.

Thanks as always for your interest in the game!
Christopher ''The DM'' Chancey
ManaVoid Entertainment Dev Team
@ManaVoidChancey