Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally played 2.7!
Hey ManaVoid team,

I finally spent some time playing the most recent updated version. Once again, great work and I really enjoyed the updates, modifications.
I don't think I played 2.5 or 2.6 (sorry!) but I'm really enjoying the game. I made up until the 3rd trimester in the silver league before getting my license revoked. (bummer) Most of the results I was barely squeaking by, finishing a space or two above the minimum, maybe even the minimum ranking on a couple. This pass I finished Bronze in first place, and am doing much better through the first trimester of the Silver.
I like the auto complete option in battles, and like that there's still some chance involved.

I think I need to read up more on the star levels of characters. For example, is the outlined star, the characters' potential? You probably mention this in the tutorial, which I've skipped after the first time, so I'll read it next time. Big Grin

Once again, great stuff and looking forward to seeing mine, and everyone elses, created adventurers, towns, etc!!
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Albrecht's post
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Albrecht's post
Cheers Mark! Smile
Frank "Lalight" Lalumière
ManaVoid Entertainment Dev Team
[+] 1 user Likes Frank's post
[+] 1 user Likes Frank's post
I also find 0.2.7 much less forgiving than earlier versions. Other agencies gobble up XP like crazy. I missed 0.2.6 (whoops), so I don't know when exactly balance changed.

Also, I noticed two things.

First, the XP bars during encounter resolution only fill up to 50% (which is the value for 100%, or in other words, they move half as quickly as they should; this is only a graphical issue, XP distribution seems fine)

Second, and this is rather less precise and has a bit to do with a strange feeling. I have an odd accumulation of loot gear. I have three pieces of bronze ranger equipment, two pieces of priest equipment, and two pieces of silver warlock equipment. The last one makes me think especially that some RNG might be stuck in the current version, because getting two silver gears of the same class in the first 12 weeks of the game seems pretty odd, plus the three ranger equipments...
Win 7 64bit – i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz – 8GB RAM – AMD Radeon HD8970M --- (probably time to shove it off the cliff, I know)
(11-10-2016, 05:41 AM)DanielHall15 Wrote: I also find 0.2.7 much less forgiving than earlier versions. Other agencies gobble up XP like crazy. I missed 0.2.6 (whoops), so I don't know when exactly balance changed.

Also, I noticed two things.

First, the XP bars during encounter resolution only fill up to 50% (which is the value for 100%, or in other words, they move half as quickly as they should; this is only a graphical issue, XP distribution seems fine)

Second, and this is rather less precise and has a bit to do with a strange feeling. I have an odd accumulation of loot gear. I have three pieces of bronze ranger equipment, two pieces of priest equipment, and two pieces of silver warlock equipment. The last one makes me think especially that some RNG might be stuck in the current version, because getting two silver gears of the same class in the first 12 weeks of the game seems pretty odd, plus the three ranger equipments...

Hey Daniel!

I believe the XP Bar was fixed and I've already rebalanced the fame distribution for other agencies, plus with the new Difficulty Settings that we will be introducing in the next patch, you will be able to play with whatever difficulty you feel comfortable with. Smile

As for the loot distribution, since it's completely randomized, it's hard to say if this is just a RNG happenstance or if it's a problem! :S I'll check out the algorithm to make sure there's nothing wonky going on.

Thanks for the feedback!

P.S. v3.0 is going to knock your socks off! Big Grin
Christopher ''The DM'' Chancey
ManaVoid Entertainment Dev Team
@ManaVoidChancey
I haven't had much time in September and October for this (which was partially self-inflicted, and I should have known better), but I'm back in it now and I'm ready to lose a few socks to the new version ;-)
Win 7 64bit – i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz – 8GB RAM – AMD Radeon HD8970M --- (probably time to shove it off the cliff, I know)
[+] 1 user Likes DanielHall15's post
[+] 1 user Likes DanielHall15's post