Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My forum hobby.
Hi guys!!

As Simon knows i'm a freak for forums!
I really enjoy actually working with xenforo software and create/tweak and develop my own forum.
I actually just started fresh today (5 min ago to be exact) to develop a forum just for the sake to update and tweak my skills.

My HTML knowledge is average and my CSS knowledge is pretty much almost zero.
So guys enjoy the live showcase as I will keep updating day by day(perhaps not everyday) my forum into something eyecatching.

My Forum

At the moment its just a clean install with a ribbon addon.
I'm communicating now with the developer of the addon to fix a badge css bug in the user staff online wedge.

P.S.

- My forum will only be used to sharpen up my skills.
- If you guys have any suggestions that I should add to the forum what would make it more eyecatching, please feel free to give me consult what I could do.
Sydney Holland
[+] 1 user Likes Sydney's post
Hi Sydney! 

Looks very clean! Can't wait to see it grow. 

I'm also a total noob when it comes to CSS. Always nice do develop new skills and learn new things! Big Grin
Simon 'OISIN' Girard
ManaVoid Entertainment
Heya Simon!!

Well if you want you can try out some CSS codes on the forum i'm creating.
I can always add another child style and you can let your skills lose on those templates.
Since its a child style ( what i'm using as well) the default codes won't be harmed!

So let me know when you feel like testing and i'll create an admin acc for you!
Sydney Holland
Owh yeah!

I've been quite busy on shaping up my skills.
I changed the looks of the forum + I've added forum nodes next to eachother.
Added to every forum node an icon that would fit the genre of the forum.

I made 2 prefixes which took me around 20-30 min each xD.
I've added a roleplay section on the forum.
The special feature about this section is, if you're creating a thread additional tabs are being created as well for that thread.
So if a person would create a roleplay story he can sort additional information like "Characters" and ofcourse have "Out of character chat" on another tab to keep the roleplay going on.
Now i'm going to work on a few prefixes with icons to continue to shape up the site.

Keep u guys posted!
Sydney Holland
[+] 2 users Like Sydney's post
[+] 2 users Like Sydney's post
Hi guys!

I've changed the website quite alot!
I've added a portal now, changed the website url,added a resource management and actually have an idea of what i want to shape up.
First I thought that I wanted to create a RP forum, but I went for a dedicated mod database forum for a particulair game.

http://www.mandate-mods.com/

Let me know what you guys think I've tweaked the website alot and continue tweaking it till it looks super professional!
Sydney Holland
Thanks for the information.

Puppiesinfo