Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
character leveling bug
Hi, 

I' m new to this game and I don't normally participate in alpha version forums, so sorry in advance if the structure of this this thread isn't standard: 

I've been playing a new game for a couple of hours under patch v.0.2.5 and two of my four characters (priest called Derrin Crystalchewer and a priest called Ealman Riverwing) are stuck at lvl 5.. the first one is stuck at 1150xp/2000xp and the second one is stuck at 1035xp/2000xp . My two other characters are now lvl 7 and everytime i get xp, the two priests don't budge. 

now, i know patch v.0.2.6 is out and I have installed it. the problem remains on my saved game. I'll try to recreate the bug with a new game on this new updated version and keep everyone posted. 

Notes: it also seems that the music during fights stops after about 2 minutes, but I'm pretty sure this has already been reported.

-Sami
(08-09-2016, 12:31 PM)Drsquidius Wrote: Hi, 

I' m new to this game and I don't normally participate in alpha version forums, so sorry in advance if the structure of this this thread isn't standard: 

I've been playing a new game for a couple of hours under patch v.0.2.5 and two of my four characters (priest called Derrin Crystalchewer and a priest called Ealman Riverwing) are stuck at lvl 5.. the first one is stuck at 1150xp/2000xp and the second one is stuck at 1035xp/2000xp . My two other characters are now lvl 7 and everytime i get xp, the two priests don't budge. 

now, i know patch v.0.2.6 is out and I have installed it. the problem remains on my saved game. I'll try to recreate the bug with a new game on this new updated version and keep everyone posted. 

Notes: it also seems that the music during fights stops after about 2 minutes, but I'm pretty sure this has already been reported.

-Sami

Hey drsquidius!

This is probably normal! There is a mechanic in our game called "Epicness" which essentially equates to the number of times an adventurer can multiclass. You can see the epicness levels as stars under the portraits in the roster panel or in the character sheets. Each epicness level is a single class (5 levels) in our game. If an adventurer only has 1 Epicness level, he caps at level 5 since he would choose a new class and skill at level 6!

It becomes important to check out the epicness levels of who you are hiring during recruitment campaigns, as this is directly linked to that characters potential in the game! Also, there are unique items in the game called "Fallen Stars" that add an epicness level to those adventurers that use them. Smile

Thank you for your feedback, we will look at adding ways to make this mechanic clearer for players soon!
Christopher ''The DM'' Chancey
ManaVoid Entertainment Dev Team
@ManaVoidChancey
[+] 1 user Likes Chancey's post
[+] 1 user Likes Chancey's post
(08-10-2016, 01:08 AM)Chancey Wrote:
(08-09-2016, 12:31 PM)Drsquidius Wrote: Hi, 

-Sami

Hey drsquidius!

This is probably normal! There is a mechanic in our game called "Epicness" which essentially equates to the number of times an adventurer can multiclass. You can see the epicness levels as stars under the portraits in the roster panel or in the character sheets. Each epicness level is a single class (5 levels) in our game. If an adventurer only has 1 Epicness level, he caps at level 5 since he would choose a new class and skill at level 6!

It becomes important to check out the epicness levels of who you are hiring during recruitment campaigns, as this is directly linked to that characters potential in the game! Also, there are unique items in the game called "Fallen Stars" that add an epicness level to those adventurers that use them. Smile

Thank you for your feedback, we will look at adding ways to make this mechanic clearer for players soon!

Thx alot for the quick response! it all makes sense !
I suggest that the maximum XP to be replaced by the word "MAX" when the character has reached maximum epicness, so it would be "1150xp / MAX" instead of "1150xp/2000xp". Maybe it would be clearer.
[+] 2 users Like Jean-François Pruneau's post
[+] 2 users Like Jean-François Pruneau's post