Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patch v.0.2.6 is now LIVE! (Patch Notes)
Heart 
[Image: 9759df8fbe3f5e8fd2a73f28f0b80276ec84ed20.png]

Greetings friends and fellow managers!

We’re already back with a new update! Today’s patch v.0.2.6 brings multiple bug-fixes and balances changes in response to the community feedback we’ve received since last Friday’s v.0.2.5 release, as well as a new “Portal Recycling” Tech Tree research item that will allow you to remove / replace portals you’ve already activated on the World Map.

We’d like to take this opportunity to thank all players who have provided us with feedback and suggestions over the weekend! Rest assured that your input will continue to drive our development efforts, and that making Epic Manager the game YOU want it to be is our utmost priority. Confusedteamhappy:

Patch Notes - Alpha Build v.0.2.6

*Make sure to exit Epic Manager and Restart Steam to get the new version. Top-Right corner of the Main Menu should now read : Alpha Build v.0.2.6*

*While old save-games are still compatible with this new update, we HIGHLY RECOMMEND STARTING A NEW GAME to make sure you receive all bug-fixes and balance changes.*

New Features
  • [NEW MECHANIC  in v.0.2.6] PORTAL RECYCLING : After purchasing the 4th Agency Licence, players will now be able to research the “Recycle Portals” ability. Recycling portals currently costs 1 scout action, and some gold.
  • [ADDED in v.0.2.6] Added the “Recycle Portals” research point to the 4th level of the Tech Tree.
Balancing
  • [BALANCED in v.0.2.6] Increased the Maximum Salary Cap increases with most Licence Levels, and in particular for the Licences that unlocked new parties.  
  • [BALANCED in v.0.2.6] Slightly reduced the difficulty (AI Agencies’ Fame Gains) for the Silver League, in response to player feedback to the changes made in v.0.2.5.
  • [BALANCED in v.0.2.6] Wounds should now be harder to obtain, especially when dealing with level-appropriate content in the Early Game. 
Bug-Fixes
  • [FIXED in v.0.2.6 - HOTFIX 1] Fixed an error preventing players to "Scout" Quests before turn 6, when skipping the Tutorial.
  • [FIXED in v.0.2.6] Fixed a database error that caused a game-breaking bug when loading pre-v.0.2.5 saves.
  • [FIXED in v.0.2.6] Fixed an error where loading a game on Turn 1 (after skipping tutorial and saving right away) would cause the player’s initial 750 gold treasury balance to disappear.
  • [FIXED in v.0.2.6] Fixed an loophole allowing players to purchase a portal for 0 Scout Points during Turn 2, when skipping the Tutorial.
  • [FIXED in v.0.2.6] Fixed an error preventing the use of the “Save and Quit” button before Turn 6, when skipping the tutorial.
Random Encounters
  • [NARRATIVE CHANGES in v.0.2.6] Changed the “Special Hints” in some Random Encounters that were misleading players, and leading to frustrating and unpredictable negative results.
UI Fixes and Improvements
  • [FIXED in v.0.2.6] Updated incorrect requirement listings for some Tech Tree items (more specifically - “Agency Level” requirements to purchase new Licenses.
  • [ADDED in v.0.2.6] Added some Scout Dialogues that will explain new mechanics when unlocking them from the Tech Tree (ex: Agency Champion).
Misc
  • [FIXED in v.0.2.6] Various improvements to the availability / location of some recurring Quests on Cities, Capitals and Villages.
Thank You!

That’s it for now! Once again, a big THANK YOU to everyone who reached out to us with feedback during the weekend - we hope you’ll enjoy the changes made today.

Starting tomorrow, our team will begin work on some exciting and upcoming new game mechanics! Since these will require quite a few days of work, and considering we also have to prepare our booth for the upcoming Montreal Dreamhack Convention - http://montreal.dreamhack.com/ - we expect the next patch to come somewhere next week.

In the meantime, don’t hesitate to contact us with questions, comments or feedback, both on the Steam Discussions and here on the Forums. Have a great evening, and see you soon!

Best regards from the whole ManaVoid Dev Team
Simon 'OISIN' Girard
ManaVoid Entertainment
[+] 1 user Likes Simon's post
[+] 1 user Likes Simon's post
portal recycling is a nice feature that I had suggested. I don't know if others did as well. i'm happy to see it and also happy it is costy i.e. agency research and scout points and gold :-)

However, in this patch, I see many changes that will make it easier to the player in the late game such as :

- Portal recycling
- Increasing salary cap ( I too thought it was really tight but I believe it was at a right level back then)

I don't know how the AI is coded, but I believe the fame level of the enemy should be made higher to reflect these changes and keep an interesting challenge.

I imagine the late game where portal recycling could be used almost everyturn in order to move to quests really fast.
I have to admit that I haven't had time to test it yet though.
(08-09-2016, 12:07 PM)BonoKing Wrote: portal recycling is a nice feature that I had suggested. I don't know if others did as well. i'm happy to see it and also happy it is costy i.e. agency research and scout points and gold :-)

However, in this patch, I see many changes that will make it easier to the player in the late game such as :

- Portal recycling
- Increasing salary cap ( I too thought it was really tight but I believe it was at a right level back then)

I don't know how the AI is coded, but I believe the fame level of the enemy should be made higher to reflect these changes and keep an interesting challenge.

I imagine the late game where portal recycling could be used almost everyturn in order to move to quests really fast.
I have to admit that I haven't had time to test it yet though.

Hey Bono!

Thanks for this feedback!

With every new feature comes a new pass of balancing. XD

We will keep a close eye on how the game is playing out, especially in the later stages, we want our game to be challenging, but not impossible... Although we ARE working on adding a hard mode soon... Wink

As it stands, the destroy portal will cost a significant amount of gold. So although it may seem like you can now go wherever, whenever, it isn't always usefull when you are forfeiting 50-75% of the gold the quest would bring back. It'll be interesting to see how using this mechanic as a core strategy plays out. I hope you'll try it and let us know! Big Grin

Cheers.
Christopher ''The DM'' Chancey
ManaVoid Entertainment Dev Team
@ManaVoidChancey
Alright. Tried it by starting a new game and completing it.

I guess it is balanced because I did not need to use often. in my opinion, there was enough portals VS the number of villages/towns. 5000 / portal makes sense in my opinion. I always had one portal left to deploy. Managing portals seems to be a challenge only in the beginning to mid game. Well for me. I find it more important to keep a small area and do quests in that small area than to explore the map and then get less fame per turn.

I noticed that the places I couldn't reach well in the first game was places without any village finally. So # of available portals wouldn't make a difference.

Should the map have more villages or be larger, things would be different. Maybe things would be different even in platinum league or in late gold game ( as to me, in the late gold game I was lacking quests, maybe because of low reputation with some groups?)

Finally good job, I do not think any re-balancing will be needed related to that.
[+] 1 user Likes BonoKing's post
[+] 1 user Likes BonoKing's post
Its been almost a month, still no update on new patch? Any news on release date?
[+] 1 user Likes eisenmeteor's post
[+] 1 user Likes eisenmeteor's post
(08-27-2016, 06:37 PM)eisenmeteor Wrote: Its been almost a month, still no update on new patch? Any news on release date?

We posted on the Steam forums a couple of times and on Facebook. Basically, we are compiling feedback, organizing our tasks accordingly and working on some feature and balance for an update that should come later this week.

As for the full release, we're aiming for somewhere in November, but it's not set in stone yet. Smile
Frank "Lalight" Lalumière
[+] 1 user Likes Frank's post
[+] 1 user Likes Frank's post
Ahh great cant wait for the release. It has been a real good experience thus far
(09-02-2016, 02:39 AM)eisenmeteor Wrote: Ahh great cant wait  for the release. It has been a real good experience thus far

Thanks a bunch!

Some quick news:

We are now done putting the simulated combat feature together. We're testing and tweaking it until we feel confident it's at the very least a good strating point for players to try it out and give us their thoughts. With what I saw today I'd say we're going to be there early next week.

We are very excited to be able to add 100% simulated battles to Epic Manager as it was much requested, actually the most requested feature by far on Steam by players. It should allow for a completely Management focused experience for players who'd rather that, but it will also allow everyone to simulate easier battles or make a run faster. In other words, it should reduce the grind.

Right after that we're making a global balancing pass. We now have a much clearer idea of the flow of the game, where the fun is at and from there we've made some changes regarding the general progression of the game. We're going to implement it right after pushing the simulated feature, give ourself some time to test it out and have another big update for you guys within a week or two, not a month. Smile

Another exciting feature we are cooking up is Quests completed with Skill Checks to shake things up a bit. Currently, there's about 240 ish Quests in the game and we'd like to have like 75 of those offer the option of being accomplished with a skill check or a series of skill checks. Anyway, we'll have more info on that cool new feature soon enough! Big Grin

There will be more to share with you guys, probably in a more formal update.

Alright, have a good one.
Frank "Lalight" Lalumière
[+] 2 users Like Frank's post
[+] 2 users Like Frank's post