Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Closed Alpha Patch v.0.1.1 is out! (Patch Notes)
Heart 
Closed Alpha Patch v.0.1.1 Patch Notes

*This patch contains fixes related to erroneous database entries. We strongly recommend deleting your existing save files and starting a new game if you want these fixes to apply.*

*Make sure to Exit Epic Manager and Restart Steam to get the new version. Top-Right corner of the Main Menu should now read : Closed Alpha v.0.1.1*

PERFORMANCE FIXES : New 32-bit and 64-bit versions!
  • When starting the game from Steam, players can now choose between running 32-bit or 64-bit versions of the Executable. 
    • We are curious to see how the 64-bit version will improve performances for players who have been experiencing slowdowns and/or long loading times. Please let us know if this changes things on your end in the comments below. 
    • IMPORTANT NOTE : Please note that the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the game DO NOT share the same save files. 
*64-bit version of the game is still experimental. If the executable crashes on launch, simply continue using the 32-bit version for now.*

BUG FIXES
  • Random Encounters : Fixed a database error in the “Into The Darkness” encounter resolution that caused the game to stay stuck on the resolution panel.
  • Skill Checks : Fixed a bunch of database errors with the resolution of certain random encounter skill checks. We believe this will also fix most of the previously reported “Perfect 20” roll errors.
  • Fixed a bug where assigning a new Agency Champion (in Contract Negotiation) would prevent you from hiring any more adventurers.
  • Fixed other underlying bugs with contract negotiation / renegotiation.
RESOLUTION AND UI FIXES
  • We’ve implemented a temporary resolution fix that should now enforce a correct 16:9 aspect ratio for all players. We hope this will make the game playable for people with non 1920x1080 resolutions who have been having issues before with misplaced UI elements and unresponsive button hit-boxes.
  • We’ve temporarily removed the broken “Quest Log” button at the top-left of the Main HUD. Players can access their Quest Log / Prospection from the button on the right Action Bar.
BALANCING
  • Random Encounters : Gains and Losses of Fame/Gold in encounters now scale according to the Average Level of the adventurers in a Party.
  • Loss of Fame when Fleeing from Combat now also scales with a Party’s Avg. Adventurer Level.
AUDIO
  • The volumes of many audio layers (both Music and SFXs) have been rebalanced by the GeekSound Factory team. 
TUTORIALS
  • Added a new sequence to the Tutorial (and modified another) in order to clarify the “Portal / Waypoint” mechanic and it’s relation to the management of a Party’s roster and equipment.
TYPOS
  • We’ve corrected some reported typos in : Draft Sequence / Intro Tutorial Reports / Renegotiation Report.
Simon 'OISIN' Girard
ManaVoid Entertainment
[+] 5 users Like Simon's post
[+] 5 users Like Simon's post
Loading times haven't changed for me on both versions. :/
As of 6/10/16, V.0.1.1

The screen is still cut off on the top and bottom while playing on a 3440x1440 monitor. 64 - bit version, if that matters. Will attempt the fix mentioned in an earlier thread.
Tried the 64-bit version. Load time at the start of a new game is still just over four minutes, and in-game things don't have improved either so far.

But at least I got around the bugs to a point where I could save a game now, because that tutorial month at the start gets pretty stale after playing it six times in 16 hours. Tongue
Win 7 64bit – i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz – 8GB RAM – AMD Radeon HD8970M --- (probably time to shove it off the cliff, I know)
Hi everyone! Thank you so much for your continued support and feedback on Patch v.0.1.1 !
This was a 'day-one' quick patch adressing some, but obviously not all current issues with the game. More news on that front will follow soon!

(06-10-2016, 09:24 PM)Filipe Salles Wrote: Loading times haven't changed for me on both versions. :/

Hi Filipe! Thanks for pointing this out - optimizing performance is now our #1 priority.

(06-10-2016, 11:50 PM)Evrick Wrote: As of 6/10/16, V.0.1.1

The screen is still cut off on the top and bottom while playing on a 3440x1440 monitor. 64 - bit version, if that matters. Will attempt the fix mentioned in an earlier thread.

Hello Evrick! Thanks for the feedback.
If I'm not mistaken, although you still have black bars at the top and bottom, what's in-between those bars (the game) should now display at a correct ratio with no more misaligned UI elements. Am I right?

As mentioned in the patch notes, this was only a temporary fix (that enforced a 16:9 ratio) until we roll out new supported resolutions.
Would you mind posting an in-game screenshot or two so we can see what things now look like on your end? (We have to admit that we, ourselves, do not own any 4K monitors at home or here at the office to test things out..)

Thanks for your time and support, it's really appreciated!

(06-11-2016, 12:00 AM)DanielHall15 Wrote: Tried the 64-bit version. Load time at the start of a new game is still just over four minutes, and in-game things don't have improved either so far.

But at least I got around the bugs to a point where I could save a game now, because that tutorial month at the start gets pretty stale after playing it six times in 16 hours. Tongue

Hi Daniel! Smile
Thanks for the feedback on yesterday's patch!

I'm glad you finally have a stable save-game you can rely on! It's true that the game's opening turns are a bit slow (compared to what comes after). I, myself, must have gone through this opening sequence more than 100 times in the past few weeks while doing tests. If we count the rest of our 4-men team, we've probably went trough the Bronze League's 1st trimester about a thousand times in the past month... Smile

As for performance, sorry to hear things did not improve on your end with the 64-bit version, although I'm happy to hear that it's as "stable" as the 32-bit version on your end.
More news will follow very soon.

As always, thanks for being so supportive and for your continued involvement in the development! Have an awesome day (or is it already evening for you...) Big Grin
Simon 'OISIN' Girard
ManaVoid Entertainment
Well I wouldn't totally discard the idea that my laptop is trending towards being obsolete, but then again Epic Manager doesn't *look* like it would eat metric tons of memory...

By the way, I'm six hours ahead of you lot and trending towards dinner. ;-)
Win 7 64bit – i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz – 8GB RAM – AMD Radeon HD8970M --- (probably time to shove it off the cliff, I know)
[+] 1 user Likes DanielHall15's post
[+] 1 user Likes DanielHall15's post
(06-11-2016, 01:03 AM)DanielHall15 Wrote: Well I wouldn't totally discard the idea that my laptop is trending towards being obsolete, but then again Epic Manager doesn't *look* like it would eat metric tons of memory...

By the way, I'm six hours ahead of you lot and trending towards dinner. ;-)

Indeed, it shouldn't. Our main goal now is to Pinpoint the 1% of the code/structure that probably causes 90% of the long load times/slowdowns and to focus our optimization efforts on the main identified culprit(s). We'll be back today with a detailed update regarding the next few steps!

Ps: As we say in french : "Bon Appétit!"
Simon 'OISIN' Girard
ManaVoid Entertainment
[+] 1 user Likes Simon's post
[+] 1 user Likes Simon's post
(06-11-2016, 12:55 AM)Simon Wrote: Hi everyone! Thank you so much for your continued support and feedback on Patch v.0.1.1 !
This was a 'day-one' quick patch adressing some, but obviously not all current issues with the game. More news on that front will follow soon!

(06-10-2016, 11:50 PM)Evrick Wrote: As of 6/10/16, V.0.1.1

Hello Evrick! Thanks for the feedback.
If I'm not mistaken, although you still have black bars at the top and bottom, what's in-between those bars (the game) should now display at a correct ratio with no more misaligned UI elements. Am I right?

As mentioned in the patch notes, this was only a temporary fix (that enforced a 16:9 ratio) until we roll out new supported resolutions.
Would you mind posting an in-game screenshot or two so we can see what things now look like on your end? (We have to admit that we, ourselves, do not own any 4K monitors at home or here at the office to test things out..)

Thanks for your time and support, it's really appreciated!

As always, thanks for being so supportive and for your continued involvement in the development! Have an awesome day (or is it already evening for you...) Big Grin

Simon,

I went back to take some screenshots for you and could not replicate the problem. I double checked the Version last time I posted so I'm not sure what the problem was. If I can recreate it, I will come back with some screenshots.

Also, just some odds and ends I noticed:

In the Tutorial, just some spelling errors. Ressources -> Resources and on page 5, Ununsed -> Unused

In the Basic Combat Tutorial Page 4, the lower line of text is cut off by the "Skip Tutorial" button.

In the game itself, if you are recruiting and click outside the window on a button such as "Staff" you end your recruiting session, and lose your scouting point. A prompt to leave Recruitment or preventing the player from clicking off that recruitment screen until done would be helpful.

Thanks for the game, its fun so far! If these bug reports and feedback should go elsewhere or in another thread please let me know!

Evrick
[+] 1 user Likes Evrick's post
[+] 1 user Likes Evrick's post
Thank you for the feedback.

We took note of what you said and will proceed to correct the different issues as time goes by.

We will keep pushing patches and fixes regularly. Smile

See ya!
Frank "Lalight" Lalumière
ManaVoid Entertainment Dev Team
[+] 1 user Likes Frank's post
[+] 1 user Likes Frank's post