Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug: stuck in combat
I'd like to tell you more, but that evil monk used Offensive Stance, and then all the little guys agreed it would be best to stand there and never move again.

[Image: stuff237_zpsmf4etdo8.jpg]

Offensive Stance seems to be a buff to allies, and he doesn't have any allies anymore...

Side note, that party composition I have there is horrible =)
Win 7 64bit – i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz – 8GB RAM – AMD Radeon HD8970M --- (probably time to shove it off the cliff, I know)
[+] 1 user Likes DanielHall15's post
(06-10-2016, 07:24 AM)anielHall15 Wrote: I'd like to tell you more, but that evil monk used Offensive Stance, and then all the little guys agreed it would be best to stand there and never move again.

Offensive Stance seems to be a buff to allies, and he doesn't have any allies anymore...

Side note, that party composition I have there is horrible =)

We've fixed similar issues before so it's probably not that big of a deal in the end. Although you have to reload... sorry about that.

We noted the problem on the infamous LIST. Wink
Frank "Lalight" Lalumière
ManaVoid Entertainment Dev Team
[+] 1 user Likes Frank's post
Same battle, happened again, monk calling Offensive Stance, but this time with allies to buff:

[Image: stuff239_zpsttnycgif.jpg]

Stuck again.
Win 7 64bit – i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz – 8GB RAM – AMD Radeon HD8970M --- (probably time to shove it off the cliff, I know)
(06-10-2016, 07:45 AM)DanielHall15 Wrote: Same battle, happened again, monk calling Offensive Stance, but this time with allies to buff:

Stuck again.

Ok... so it's not linked to the absence of allies. Noted. Wink
It keeps happening. This time with a Priest and Divine Protection, at the site of the second quest in Haven. They just don't end their turn...
I want to report a similar? issue.

I got into a battle. I attacked with my guy. I suppose then it was the enemy's turn, but the enemy did nothing. And I couldn't do anything anymore, either. If I was meant to click something to end my battle turn, nothing seemed particularly obvious.
I was one of the one thousand, one hundred and fifty seven Kickstarter backers
[+] 1 user Likes Dianna Bell's post
[+] 1 user Likes Dianna Bell's post
Thanks for that feedback. We will need to investigate things further to identify the culprit although it seems this is a single issue connected to the same underlying problem in the combat's turn management.

We'll let you know when it is fixed via our release notes.

Hang in there and thanks for the bug report! Big Grin
Just so you know, it's not limited to humans: the Goblin Shaman (the red one) can also cause combat to get stuck with his Heal.

Just so you know Tongue
(06-11-2016, 03:45 AM)DanielHall15 Wrote: Just so you know, it's not limited to humans: the Goblin Shaman (the red one) can also cause combat to get stuck with his Heal.

Just so you know Tongue

Thanks.

So far, it seems that this problem is linked to enemies targeting other enemies creating a problem in the turn management sequence. Smile
Yep, I had it twice more since then and it's always a buff allies thing.
(06-11-2016, 04:53 AM)DanielHall15 Wrote: Yep, I had it twice more since then and it's always a buff allies thing.

By the way, once the tutorial is done you can access the game menu with ESC (escape) and save your game progress.

That way, it won't be as painful when an issue arise.

Fixing that combat loop whole is one of our main priority for monday morning!

That and Louis is working is black magic to address the performance issue. Wink
Saving was the first thing I did when I got through the first month on the second attempt today Tongue
[+] 2 users Like DanielHall15's post
I just had the issue occur, but the enemies didn't target each other.

The last few moments of the battle were the Level 3 Enemy attacking my 4th Party Member, making him Almost Dead, then using Ice Caltrops in the same turn making my 4th Part Member All Dead. I commanded my 2nd Party Member to use Divine Protection and that's when the battle glitched.

Hope this helps. Thanks for your time...

[+] 1 user Likes Thomas's post
Had this come up on my game just now too.
[+] 1 user Likes DeMyztikX's post
[+] 1 user Likes DeMyztikX's post
The Goblin Bossman's Brace now has also forced a battle to a grinding halt. In that case he still had allies (another Bossman, an Orc, and a Goblin Occultist), but there was no green shield added to any of them, so nobody actually braced themselves.

---

To be honest, performance improvements are really needed, but I'd love to see this bug killed off really soon -.-
Next one.

[Image: stuff242_zpsyviovzf2.jpg]

The upper ... I can't tell them apart, to be honest. The upper guy with the mask healed the lower guy with the mask with "Nature's Hand" on his turn, all was well. Next up is the lower guy with the mask, who's bleeding, and then uses "Nature's Hand" on himself, and we're stuck yet again. Note that the "Nature's Hand" didn't actually succeed, like with other things I posted before, since he did not regenerate the 34 HP he bled for at the start of his turn.
I will also add Druid's Regeneration to the list. That's the same battle, by the way (same quest), and I just can't get through this one without the current version crapping out. Sad
I'm starting to think that the Infinite Loop occurs when an AOE spell is cast where on of the caster's allies is All Dead. It's possible something is involved with a skill that includes a Gravestone in it's targeting causes the effect. Huh
Hm, that might not be it. In post #3 in this thread nobody's RIP on the enemy team.
(06-12-2016, 02:07 AM)DanielHall15 Wrote: Hm, that might not be it. In post #3 in this thread nobody's RIP on the enemy team.

Tongue You're absolutely right! Thought I was seeing a pattern...