Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Game button doesn't work
Sorry for posting this in the wrong forum section, I don't seem to have access to posting in it, even though I have the current closed alpha.  Like the title says, I can open the game, see the credits and follow all links inside the game, only the New Game button doesn't work, so I don't get to actually play the game....

Cheers, and can't wait to play it!
(06-09-2016, 08:17 AM)ghoststrikes Wrote: Sorry for posting this in the wrong forum section, I don't seem to have access to posting in it, even though I have the current closed alpha.  Like the title says, I can open the game, see the credits and follow all links inside the game, only the New Game button doesn't work, so I don't get to actually play the game....

Cheers, and can't wait to play it!

Hello ghoststrikes,

thanks for reaching out!

Please contact us via your Kickstarter account so we can upgrade your forums account accordingly and proceed from there.

As for the new game button not working it's the first time we encounter this problem. We'll look into it as more info comes in.

Cheers!
Frank "Lalight" Lalumière
ManaVoid Entertainment Dev Team
Hi,
I have done just that and so maybe I'll be able to contribute in the right forum soon!

Meanwhile, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and I'm still getting the same problem. Also to note, I have no sound at all in the menu (Not sur if it's supposed to be like that)
I have the same problem, pressing New Game doesn't do anything.
Hi guys,

We noted the problem.

At the moment, it's unclear why only a couple of you have the no sound + new game does nothing issue.

We will have to investigate things further.

To help us find the problem, everyone who encounters this problem can post their specs and OS here.

Thanks for helping us resolve the issue. Smile
The new patch with the 64-bit version fixed this bug for me, now theres sound, and I can actually play the game! yay!
[+] 1 user Likes ghoststrikes's post
[+] 1 user Likes ghoststrikes's post
(06-10-2016, 02:19 PM)ghoststrikes Wrote: The new patch with the 64-bit version fixed this bug for me, now theres sound, and I can actually play the game! yay!

Awesome!

Keep us updated if you find any other issues!

Cheers buddy.
Christopher ''The DM'' Chancey
@ManaVoidChancey
Anybody else who had this issue tried the game with the latest update?

If so, did it fix it?

Thanks.
Still unable to play due to this problem

Toujours incapable de jouer à cause de ce problème.
[+] 1 user Likes Pascal Hébert's post
I am also experiencing this issue. Steam doesn't have any additional updates for me; un/reinstall did not help. Same behavior whether I choose to launch 64 or 32 bit Epic Manager. The 'Load Game' button does work, and there was already a saved game there to choose, but I then get to a screen telling me to press any key; pressing keys does nothing from there.

Win7 x64, 4 GB ram, Intel Core i3, M 330@2.13 GHz.
[+] 1 user Likes Khyper's post
(06-12-2016, 10:52 AM)Pascal Hébert Wrote: Still unable to play due to this problem
Toujours incapable de jouer à cause de ce problème.

(06-12-2016, 02:54 PM)Khyper Wrote: I am also experiencing this issue.  Steam doesn't have any additional updates for me; un/reinstall did not help.  Same behavior whether I choose to launch 64 or 32 bit Epic Manager.  The 'Load Game' button does work, and there was already a saved game there to choose, but I then get to a screen telling me to press any key; pressing keys does nothing from there.
Win7 x64, 4 GB ram, Intel Core i3, M 330@2.13 GHz.

Hello Pascal and Khyper, thank you for reporting this! It's been flagged in the 0.1.2 list of known bugs and we'll make sure to look into it this week.

Some questions for you :

1) Is your version (at the top-right of the Main Menu) v.0.1.2?
*IF NOT : In Steam, go to your Games Library. From there, Right-click on Epic Manager and choose 'Properties'. Go to the 3rd tab (Local Files) and click on the button 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache'.

2) Can you hear sound music in the Main Menu?
Simon 'OISIN' Girard
ManaVoid Entertainment
1) Is your version (at the top-right of the Main Menu) v.0.1.2?
*IF NOT : In Steam, go to your Games Library. From there, Right-click on Epic Manager and choose 'Properties'. Go to the 3rd tab (Local Files) and click on the button 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache'.

Yes, it's v.0.1.2. I went ahead and verified the cache anyways; it was successful.

2) Can you hear sound music in the Main Menu?

No.
1) Oui
2) Non
:p

1) Yes
2) No
(06-13-2016, 01:55 AM)Khyper Wrote: 2) Can you hear sound music in the Main Menu?
No.

(06-13-2016, 01:56 AM)Pascal Hébert Wrote: 2) No

Wow! Thanks for the quick answers guys!

From what you're describing, and considering that ghoststrikes has reported fixing the issue on his side by using the 64-bit version, i'm guessing this is due to a DLL not loading when you're starting the EXE. This error probably prevents the game from accessing the SQL Database, which it needs to start / load a game.

Here's what would help IMMENSELY :

1) Go to the Epic Manager Folder (by default : \Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Epic Manager)
2) If you have been using the 32bit version, stay in this directory. If you've been using the 64-bit, go in the '64' directory.
3) Go to the 'Epic Manager_Data' OR 'Epic Manager64_Data' folder and find the TXT file called 'Output.log'
4) Upload this Output.log file here so we can have a look at it.

Many thanks guys, merci beaucoup. Smile
Simon 'OISIN' Girard
ManaVoid Entertainment
Output logfile attached.

Attached Files
.txt   output_log.txt (Size: 65.22 KB / Downloads: 1)
(06-13-2016, 02:41 AM)Khyper Wrote: Output logfile attached.

Hello Hyper! Thanks for getting back to me with this! 

As suspected : DllNotFoundException: C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Epic Manager/64/Epic Manager64_Data/Plugins/AkSoundEngine.dll

I've manually Zipped the missing DLL here :

32-bit version : 
.zip   AkSoundEngine_32-bit.zip (Size: 529.9 KB / Downloads: 3)
64-bit version : 
.zip   AkSoundEngine_64-bit.zip (Size: 671.76 KB / Downloads: 5)

*Not sure if 32/64-bit versions of this DLL are truly 2 distinct files, but i've uploaded both in case. 

TRY THIS : 
1) Parse to /Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Epic Manager/
2) Go in the correct '_Data' folder (32 or 64) 
3) Go in 'Plugins' folder
4) Extract the correct zip in this folder. (contains only the missing DLL)

5) Re-open the game.

EDIT : Also try running the game directly from the EXE (and not from Steam) and make sure to right-click + select "Run as Administrator"
Please let us know if this resolves the issue! 
Simon 'OISIN' Girard
ManaVoid Entertainment
Sorry, no luck. The .dll wasn't actually missing; it was present, path correct, etc. I renamed the existing .dll and replaced it with yours- still no luck. Disabled Norton, rebooted, still no music and no new game. Ran directly from the .exe as admin (both x64 and x32 versions), still nothing.
(06-13-2016, 04:00 AM)Khyper Wrote: Sorry, no luck.  The .dll wasn't actually missing; it was present, path correct, etc.  I renamed the existing .dll and replaced it with yours- still no luck.  Disabled Norton, rebooted, still no music and no new game.  Ran directly from the .exe as admin (both x64 and x32 versions), still nothing.

This issue pops up as Solved in the AudioKinetic (makers of Wwise) Forums HERE.

Here is the interesting bit : 
When we've had this error, usually it's a DLL dependency problem, not the AkSoundEngine.DLL itself.
For release and profile versions of AkSoundEngine.DLL, you need the Direct X end-user runtime 9.0c or newer, which provides MSVCR90.DLL and XINPUT*.DLL.

It seems this error could be related to an outdated "DirectX End-User Runtime" version on your end. 

- Try re-downloading it from here : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...?q=directx  (should be the first entry at the top of the list)
- I also strongly recommend making sure you have the latest version of the '.NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1' (also in the link provided above)

Hope the above suggestions help! We'll get there! Big Grin
Simon 'OISIN' Girard
ManaVoid Entertainment
Change the DLL, download the DirectX.  Still nothing sadly

Attached Files
.txt   output_log.txt (Size: 89.52 KB / Downloads: 4)
Also no luck. I'm on DirectX 11 and .NET 4, so both those should be fine. I tried downloading and installing the links anyways, ran repairs on both DirectX and .NET, but still nothing.

On a happier note, thanks for being so quick with troubleshooting responses- really looking forward to getting into the game!