Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BTD / Black screen after intro
After the Intro I get a black screen/BTD and windows is saying that Epic Manager isn't reacting any more. But skipping the intro works fine and get me to the next part. The bug is reproducible.
Can we find a log somewhere?

Btw: I like the intro. Especially the sound of the lady. Maybe a more graphic intro would be better (only images - no video) but this is something or later versions. Wink

Systeminformations in the signature. So, I hope I can start than tomorrow. Now I've to go too bed. Sad
System: Win 10 64bit - CPU: i7-3930K 6*3,20Ghz - RAM: 32GB - GPU: GTX Titan 6GB
[+] 1 user Likes Malträtierer's post
Restart game. Skip intro the second time and let it load. Yes it takes a very long time. lol I walked the dog while waiting. Just like the disclaimer says just ignore the not responding message.
[+] 1 user Likes Joshua Muffins Butner's post
(06-09-2016, 07:06 AM)Malträtierer Wrote: After the Intro I get a black screen/BTD and windows is saying that Epic Manager isn't reacting any more. But skipping the intro works fine and get me to the next part. The bug is reproducible.
Can we find a log somewhere?

Btw: I like the intro. Especially the sound of the lady. Maybe a more graphic intro would be better (only images - no video) but this is something or later versions. Wink

Systeminformations in the signature. So, I hope I can start than tomorrow. Now I've to go too bed. Sad

Hello again Malträtierer! Thanks for reporting this - it's a minor issue we're aware of, and it already resolves itself after a few seconds! 

As for the Intro narrative sequence, we most definitely plan on creating custom visuals for it in the near future! These art assets just weren't ready yet! Big Grin

As before, many many thanks for your feedback! Smile
Simon 'OISIN' Girard
ManaVoid Entertainment
As it takes a lot of time, would it be hard to add a hourglass/clock/timer to check approximately how much time is spent for long loading screens?
[+] 1 user Likes KhazNam's post
[+] 1 user Likes KhazNam's post
Wink 
(06-09-2016, 07:39 AM)KhazNam Wrote: As it takes a lot of time, would it be hard to add a hourglass/clock/timer to check approximately how much time is spent for long loading screens?

Yeah we saw it and actually felt like you about it. We had an animation all ready to go and tried to use async loading to use it but could not integrate it to satisfaction.

Our dilemma is all the time we spend on that problem is time we cannot spend on building more content, making nicer animations, and other cool stuff... there's only 4 of us and choices have to be made. We took note of it and we will do our best to fix the long loading time.

Thanks for the comment and keep 'em comin! Smile

Cheers!
Frank "Lalight" Lalumière
ManaVoid Entertainment Dev Team
[+] 1 user Likes Frank's post
Perhaps a warning that the wait may be a few minutes - not seconds? Tongue
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.
[+] 2 users Like Teh Shadowman's post
[+] 2 users Like Teh Shadowman's post
(06-09-2016, 08:15 AM)Teh Shadowman Wrote: Perhaps a warning that the wait may be a few minutes - not seconds? Tongue

Hi Teh Shadowman! 
On our end, the complete loading time "wait" is about 20 seconds, and we're running on mid-range CPUs (SSD drives, though). 

We'll investigate this issue further in the coming days, and performance optimization will be an ongoing task for the foreseeable future! 
Many thanks for bringing this up to our attention.  Smile
Simon 'OISIN' Girard
ManaVoid Entertainment
(06-09-2016, 08:24 AM)Simon Wrote:
(06-09-2016, 08:15 AM)Teh Shadowman Wrote: Perhaps a warning that the wait may be a few minutes - not seconds? Tongue

Hi Teh Shadowman! 
On our end, the complete loading time "wait" is about 20 seconds, and we're running on mid-range CPUs (SSD drives, though). 

We'll investigate this issue further in the coming days, and performance optimization will be an ongoing task for the foreseeable future! 
Many thanks for bringing this up to our attention.  Smile

I am now experiencing crashing and have not actually gotten past the first loading screen - but this may be my setup which is a little old. Before I go and install it on my wifes laptop do you have a list of system specs and any monitor resolution limitations?
[+] 1 user Likes Teh Shadowman's post
was gonna report this...but...too late. should have taken a sick day today.
[+] 2 users Like Retrowiz's post
[+] 2 users Like Retrowiz's post
(06-09-2016, 08:45 AM)Teh Shadowman Wrote: I am now experiencing crashing and have not actually gotten past the first loading screen - but this may be my setup which is a little old. Before I go and install it on my wifes laptop do you have a list of system specs and any monitor resolution limitations?

Hello again Teh Shadowman!

When you say "crash", do you mean that the application actually closes or that it becomes unresponsive with the loading screen active?

We're aware that clicking anywhere on the screen (while the loading screen is up) causes Windows to display "App Not Responding" for some users (including us). 

The current fix for this (on our side and for a few other people) is simply to let it wait - the draft sequence should begin normally after a few seconds. 

Let us know if it works, and many thanks for your feedback!
Simon 'OISIN' Girard
ManaVoid Entertainment
10 min wait after skipping load screen...still nothing...guys I should walk my dogs too.
[+] 1 user Likes Retrowiz's post
[+] 1 user Likes Retrowiz's post
(06-09-2016, 08:57 AM)Retrowiz Wrote: 10 min wait after skipping load screen...still nothing...guys I should walk my dogs too.

Wow... it takes maybe 10-20 seconds for us. We clearly took note of the problem and it stands at the top of our TO DO list.

Sorry about the issue. We will do more tests.
(06-09-2016, 08:53 AM)Simon Wrote:
(06-09-2016, 08:45 AM)Teh Shadowman Wrote: I am now experiencing crashing and have not actually gotten past the first loading screen - but this may be my setup which is a little old. Before I go and install it on my wifes laptop do you have a list of system specs and any monitor resolution limitations?

When you say "crash", do you mean that the application actually closes or that it becomes unresponsive with the loading screen active?

We're aware that clicking anywhere on the screen (while the loading screen is up) causes Windows to display "App Not Responding" for some users (including us). 

The current fix for this (on our side and for a few other people) is simply to let it wait - the draft sequence should begin normally after a few seconds. 

The application actually closes during the loading screen. The unresponsiveness was the reason I came to the forums in the first place to report - which others are experiencing however not it just closes the app altogether. I'm downloading it onto my wifes (much newer) laptop at the moment and I am hoping that will solve my problem (and give me an excuse to buy a new PC)
(06-09-2016, 09:03 AM)Teh Shadowman Wrote:
(06-09-2016, 08:53 AM)Simon Wrote:

The application actually closes during the loading screen. The unresponsiveness was the reason I came to the forums in the first place to report - which others are experiencing however not it just closes the app altogether. I'm downloading it onto my wifes (much newer) laptop at the moment and I am hoping that will solve my problem (and give me an excuse to buy a new PC)

Thanks for trying out solutions with us. Please keep us informed on your situation and rest assured we will do our very best to get every issue resolved asap.

Hopefully your wife's laptop runs it smoothly. Smile
It seems SSD is the way to go. I tried this on my other PC that has a standard 7200rpm and it took like 5 minutes. On the SSD it took roughly 45 seconds lol
(06-09-2016, 11:17 AM)Joshua Muffins Butner Wrote: It seems SSD is the way to go. I tried this on my other PC that has a standard 7200rpm and it took like 5 minutes. On the SSD it took roughly 45 seconds lol

Hey Josh,

We are all running SSDs in the studio as well which is why this issue wasn't addressed before. We will be looking into it as a priority in the upcoming days. Thanks for the feedback so far, it all helps alot!
Christopher ''The DM'' Chancey
@ManaVoidChancey
[+] 1 user Likes Chancey's post
[+] 1 user Likes Chancey's post
@Teh Shadowman: As I mentioned earlier simply skipping the intro works for me and I go immediately (without loading time) to the next scree. Check this out, if you haven't (also al others with extreme long loading time if this will reduce the loading time).
System: Win 10 64bit - CPU: i7-3930K 6*3,20Ghz - RAM: 32GB - GPU: GTX Titan 6GB
First time through I waited through the intro and got into the draft and played the actual game for about 80 minutes. Fun times!
I closed down, and started it again ... because I suck apparently and all my adventures died. Sad ... so I started the game again and am getting into LONG wait times after the intro either skipping it or watching it.
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Albrecht's post
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Albrecht's post
(06-09-2016, 11:17 AM)Joshua Muffins Butner Wrote: It seems SSD is the way to go. I tried this on my other PC that has a standard 7200rpm and it took like 5 minutes. On the SSD it took roughly 45 seconds lol

Yes, we encountered the same situation... roughly the same PC, but one has a SSD and not the other... wait time goes from 20-30 seconds to 3 minutes.

So, of course for now we highly recommend everyone to install the game on a SSD if at all possible. Obviously this is but a temporary solution and we are working out solutions as I write these words.

Joys of alpha testing! ... but we shall prevail!

Thanks for the feedback. Smile
[+] 2 users Like Frank's post
[+] 2 users Like Frank's post
I actually clocked the time on the "Loading" screen before the draft earlier today, and my apparently obsolete calculator I try to run the game on (old school hard drive of course) takes a whopping 4 minutes and 20-30 seconds to get through that loading screen.

And I don't even have a dog!
Win 7 64bit – i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz – 8GB RAM – AMD Radeon HD8970M --- (probably time to shove it off the cliff, I know)
[+] 2 users Like DanielHall15's post
[+] 2 users Like DanielHall15's post