Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pre-Alpha Update 014 - CLOSED-ALPHA RELEASE CALENDAR and More!
It is worth mentioning that Alphas are significantly different from Betas. Think of it as Betas being the process of taking the sausage and trying to put it into a neat little package for the sellers (or going Live if you will.) Alphas though...are more messy and more like seeing them actually MAKE the sausage! There will be some frustration and meanwhile you might think, "What the heck is this! Why isn't this better and so forth!" Well that's because sausage isn't just "made instantly" you need to go through the process of things sometimes even multiple times to get it all "mixed right" before you can go to beta...and then do all the polish/packaging to make the game in a way that people know and love!
[+] 1 user Likes Bacon's post
[+] 1 user Likes Bacon's post
Not sure if this is mentioned elsewhere, but has anyone checked out "epic Tavern" is it somehow related to Epic Manager?
[+] 1 user Likes Retrowiz's post
[+] 1 user Likes Retrowiz's post
(06-01-2016, 09:02 AM)Bacon Wrote: It is worth mentioning that Alphas are significantly different from Betas.  Think of it as Betas being the process of taking the sausage and trying to put it into a neat little package for the sellers (or going Live if you will.)  Alphas though...are more messy and more like seeing them actually MAKE the sausage!  There will be some frustration and meanwhile you might think, "What the heck is this!  Why isn't this better and so forth!"  Well that's because sausage isn't just "made instantly"   you need to go through the process of things sometimes even multiple times to get it all "mixed right"  before you can go to beta...and then do all the polish/packaging to make the game in a way that people know and love!

I feel I should point out the pig references in your name and in your example and the wonderful meats the pig provides us. Big Grin

It's going to be a great week! Don't mind me while I clear up my weekend and make sure I have plenty of caffeine and snacks available.
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Albrecht's post
(06-01-2016, 01:19 PM)Retrowiz Wrote: Not sure if this is mentioned elsewhere, but has anyone checked out "epic Tavern"  is it somehow related to Epic Manager?

Just as an FYI there is no relation per se. Their game looks pretty cool and we wish them the best of luck with the Kickstarter campaign they are running (it looks like they're gonna make it easily). We've always been fascinated by the total lack of RPG/Tycoon/Management/sim games out there... it's one of the main reasons we decided to create Epic Manager in the first place. We wanted to play that game concept but could not find it anywhere. Smile

Thanks for pointing it out!

Cheers.
Frank "Lalight" Lalumière
ManaVoid Entertainment Dev Team
(06-01-2016, 09:02 AM)Bacon Wrote: It is worth mentioning that Alphas are significantly different from Betas.  Think of it as Betas being the process of taking the sausage and trying to put it into a neat little package for the sellers (or going Live if you will.)  Alphas though...are more messy and more like seeing them actually MAKE the sausage!  There will be some frustration and meanwhile you might think, "What the heck is this!  Why isn't this better and so forth!"  Well that's because sausage isn't just "made instantly"   you need to go through the process of things sometimes even multiple times to get it all "mixed right"  before you can go to beta...and then do all the polish/packaging to make the game in a way that people know and love!

Could not have said it much better myself! Although we admittedly are trying to give the Alpha some polish to let you guys have a better feel for the experience. We are going to repost that info/warning about the game being an Alpha build in our pre-release update coming up later this week just to make sure everyone's on the same page and we do appreciate the fact that our community is well educated about the process.

On that note, let me thank all of you for keeping all comments polite and respectful. It's quite a change from what I can read on some forums these days for sure.

Cheers!
[+] 1 user Likes Frank's post
[+] 1 user Likes Frank's post
Should we expect our keys this Weekend?
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition mwahahahah.
What?
Not that one?
Awwwwww

Well an alpha will be release, maybe not.
I think the devs are right, if they need another week for finalizing, to wait for a better release.
Better a good alpha from start and less patches directly afterwards.
I prefer playing games instead of playing bugs

What?

Yes you still will get my feedback on bugs Big Grin
And now to something completely different
[+] 1 user Likes Nine's post
[+] 1 user Likes Nine's post
(06-03-2016, 12:31 PM)Retrowiz Wrote: Should we expect our keys this Weekend?

Hi Retrowiz,

The short answer is no but an Update including an EXACT DATE and all the complementary infos will be released later TODAY. (Be assured we are only talking about a few more days) Wink

One of the main reason we don't want to release at the end of the week is that we want to have all team members available on deck should a major issue arise on the first day or two. Sending hundreds of keys and having the amount of people playing go from a couple dozen to hundreds might have some unforeseen effect and, at the very least, we want to put all the chances on our side.

More info on the next update like I said. Smile

Cheers!
[+] 2 users Like Frank's post
[+] 2 users Like Frank's post
(06-03-2016, 11:39 PM)Frank Wrote:

Hi Retrowiz,

The short answer is no but an Update including an EXACT DATE and all the complementary infos will be released later TODAY. (Be assured we are only talking about a few more days) Wink

One of the main reason we don't want to release at the end of the week is that we want to have all team members available on deck should a major issue arise on the first day or two. Sending hundreds of keys and having the amount of people playing go from a couple dozen to hundreds might have some unforeseen effect and, at the very least, we want to put all the chances on our side.

Cheers!

Looking forward to it! I can understand not getting the keys out over the weekend. We know you and the whole team have been hard at work bringing this game to life! To have an exact date will be wonderful! IT'S HAPPENING!!!
(06-03-2016, 11:39 PM)Frank Wrote:

Hi Retrowiz,

Cheers!

Keep on keepin' on boys! You are all rockstars either way!
[+] 1 user Likes Joshua Muffins Butner's post
[+] 1 user Likes Joshua Muffins Butner's post
Thanks guys! Much appreciated, as always. Smile

Some lunch, then back to it!