Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indie Games
Hey everyone,

During the KS campaign, a bunch of indie games were talked about (including the ones Epic Manager will be featuring) and at least for me, I feel like a new gaming source has been opened up. For example, Knights of Pen and Paper was mentioned so I thought I'd check it out. Its actually pretty addicting and fun as well as perfect for someone like me whos eager to play DnD but cant get a group of friends together to play (still no substitute for the real thing though). Anyways, between playing that and the Binding of Isaac, I guess I've just embarked on an Indie game quest so to speak.

I think the tragedy is that most of these games don't really get a chance to be promoted or advertised which is probably why I hadnt heard of most of the games that Epic Manager will be featuring (but intend to check out very soon). So my question to everyone would be, what Indie games are you playing now/what would you recommend?
"Let me guess, someone stole your sweet roll"
[+] 1 user Likes JeffC's post
The 2 indie games I've been playing a lot recently has been Rimworld and factorio. Both are still in development but still very playable. One that is defiantly worth a mention that I've been playing for quite a long time though it's development is Neo Scavenger. The last is available on steam, not sure about the first 2.

Rimworld - you 'control' a small group of survivors from a crashed spaceship. It's one of those ones where you set orders and control who can do what, not direct control.
Factorio - Basically, build a factory. You but a factory using conveyor belts and stuff to harvest resources and then build more stuff. It's better than I make it sound.
Neo Scavenger - Turn Based post apocalyptic survivor game. The most fun I've had looking for trousers.

EF
[+] 1 user Likes Evilfriend's post
[+] 1 user Likes Evilfriend's post
I am totally in love with SpiderwebSoftware products. Check that out!
At the moment i'm playing Dungeon Defenders 2.
It's quite addictive.

@Evilfriend

I agree I love to play factorio, but unfortunately I had to stop because I spend way too much time into it xD.
You can spend easily 6 hours and don't even notice that you're playing that much.
Sydney Holland
[+] 1 user Likes Sydney's post
[+] 1 user Likes Sydney's post
Binding of Isaac and Crypt of the Necrodancer would be the one that really kept me interested in the long run. Adding Faster than light to that as well, but FTL is so hard!

All of them are amazing time sink, unfortunatly. Sad
[+] 1 user Likes Alex G's post
[+] 1 user Likes Alex G's post
Bump FTL, it was an inspiration for our game.
And I can personally vouch for Alex G's excitement on Skype when he started playing crypt of the necrodancer. Wink
Christopher ''The DM'' Chancey
ManaVoid Entertainment Dev Team
@ManaVoidChancey
[+] 1 user Likes Chancey's post
[+] 1 user Likes Chancey's post
Great, thanks for all the suggestions guys. Christmas holidays are coming up soon so I'm going to try and see how many of these I can burn through before its over.
"Let me guess, someone stole your sweet roll"
I love FTL with captains edition. So awesome and so hard Big Grin
Greetings from Germany Smile
Simon recommended Rimworld to me in my breaking saves thread, and just on the surface I am like "OMG WANT".

It seems to be similar to Prison Architect from Introversion Software which has over 100 hours sunk into it across the two steam accounts I own. I do recommend it--you are building a maximum security prison and the team at Introversion have, from the moment I bought it on the second of June, 2013, released every month a new alpha. Seventeen alpha versions later, I'm still loving it. I have some games in alpha/beta that haven't updated in *months*.

The game is insanely flexible. You are capable of editing the save to give yourself more money *and* you can close your prison to prisoners, so you can just build your prison how you like it, and then when it's all done, you let them in.
I was one of the one thousand, one hundred and fifty seven Kickstarter backers
[+] 1 user Likes Dianna Bell's post
[+] 1 user Likes Dianna Bell's post
I'm playing this war of mine which is a war survival sim where you are the survivors trying to stay alive when the war is raging. and Also dungeon defenders II also =)
[+] 1 user Likes Chriszjai's post
[+] 1 user Likes Chriszjai's post
DDII was a visual inspiration for our game, you probably noticed! Smile I wanted to try This War of Mine, but I really want to finish Divinity: Original Sin before I play anything else!
Christopher ''The DM'' Chancey
ManaVoid Entertainment Dev Team
@ManaVoidChancey