Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome to the ManaVoid Forums! Please Introduce Yourself.
Hey all,

I'm John

I play a huge variety of games - as examples, right now (depending on what mood I'm in) I'm working my way through Age of Wonders III, Shadowrun Dragonfall and Shadow of Mordor (and as I type this I'm watching my girlfriend slaughter people in Far Cry 4, which I'm looking forward to starting after she finishes it!).

I heard about the kickstarter through Rock, Paper Shotgun; they had a post that basically described the game as a sort of Football Manager game for people who are interested in that sort of management sim but are more interested in duffing up goblins than sporty sweatyness. This was perfect for me, because I've never been that bothered about football but what I've seen of football manager from friends and brothers playing the game interested me, on the other hand when I was younger I played and later DM'd plenty of tabletop RPGs so I knew about the importance of goblin-duffing.

Anyway thrilled that this project got funded and looking forward to watching it develop - good luck ManaVoid!
[+] 1 user Likes John C's post
[+] 1 user Likes John C's post
Hi all,

Ok, so let me introduce myself today. I did a quick login yesterday to change my pass.

Well, my name's Marc. I'm 37 yrs, not married, but did a civil partnership with my girlfriend thesedays. I have no kids, since my wife says I'm still a kid myself, but we have 2 cats lol!

Ok, I live in Luxembourg (which has got a bad name here in Europe, sadly. But this is not a place for such discussions) and work as graphic designer in a small agency.

I have a brother and we grew up with an Atari 2600. As teens, we could put our hands on the Amiga 500, after 2 years of beggin our parents. This was so fascinating that I didn't really play RPG with paper and pen... I did little programming in Basic and some basic game creation with AMOS, all on Amiga. But that is long ago. Then, my brother bought a console (Sega Saturn then the Dreamcast), and I was addicted to video consoles. I have now a PS3 and a PSP (but lays around since I bought my IPad).

What game I like is not easy to define, since I've played all sort of games, text-based, like Zork, arcade machine games like Donkey Kong or Space Invaders... To shorten, I like RPG, Simulation, Independant Games like rymdkapsel or Eufloria.

What else...? I'm a bit into music, playing guitar, and a bit percussion. Sometimes, I help out a friend who is into electric-music, by playing a few loops.

I love photography, not only digital. Own an Canon Eos, the first one with Auto-focus (which I inherited from an Uncel) and an old Nikon. Of course, I do digital photography, but for now, I fell on love in an white Lomo'instant camera, which is just too much fun. Very creative tool, the right thing for me!!

Well guess this is enough info...

...now I wait for the finished game.... and I just can't wait to play this!
[+] 1 user Likes Marc Muller's post
[+] 1 user Likes Marc Muller's post
HELLO!!

My name is Frank and just like the Dev team, I’m also from Montréal.  I’m 44 which means I’ve been gaming since Pong was originally invented   I haven’t played D&D recently but I keep up with all the new rule books and stuff. I love the Fantasy genre and RPG games. I play my PS4 every day. Just add Killshifter if you want to play some multiplayer. I play almost everything that comes out which is probably bad for my wallet (and my eyes).

-Frank
PS4: Killshifter
XB1: Sgt Hundley
[+] 1 user Likes SgtHundley's post
[+] 1 user Likes SgtHundley's post
My name is Jon Michael, also known as PyroFalkon. I've got a small Let's Play channel on YouTube (youtube.com/pyrofalkon), and I'm really excited about Epic Manager. Can't wait for a playable build so I can do some videos for the channel!

I'm a big fan of RPGs, and a huge fan of management games (Football Manager, as a collective series, is my second-favorite game of all time). To see a game combine both aspects into a single package gets me giddy. I was hoping Adventure Manager would scratch that itch, but I'm not as huge of a fan of it as I thought be; too much adventure, not enough management. But Epic Manager seems like it's going to be a blast, and I'm eager for it.

Good luck, devs. I'll support you however I can.
[+] 1 user Likes PyroFalkon's post
[+] 1 user Likes PyroFalkon's post
Hey guys,

I'm Alex, a freshly-out-of-school software dev working for a small startup in Montreal as well Smile. Huge gamer & game design fan, I tend to get my hands on most games that offer something new/different than what we actually have on the market. When I first heard about this, it was from one of the ManaVoid guys. I was totally mind-f***-blown about the whole idea of managing a DND group. Now you're telling me I can help fund it and have a little impact in the world these guys are putting togheter ? That's a mind-blown #2 for me, right there.

Despite the hard months coming, I hope you guys from ManaVoid will take the time to enjoy the whole experience of creating this game.

I still can't wait to get in touch with you guys and get involved (a little tiny bit) in the process of the game creation.
[+] 1 user Likes Alex G's post
[+] 1 user Likes Alex G's post
Rainbow 
Hello everyone, I'm Paullux, father of Manoushka, purveyor of the first seed that is part of this game. Only a few will understand this first line. I'm awaiting the possible creation of Freytagonia, land of hounds, where few will have a rosy future. I'm an avid player of certain games only and look forward to some awesome gameplay with Epic Manager. Maybe I'll be able to influence the creation of Fuego, the fire dog, who will burn most scouts to a crisp, we shall see. I'm very happy so many of you contributed to the creation of this game and will be part of this epic adventure. The wait will be agonizing, but patient we shall be. Godspeed to the Dev team!
Paullux
[+] 1 user Likes Paullux's post
[+] 1 user Likes Paullux's post
I be Dianna.

I play Prison Architect, Final Fantasy X (III, VII, IX, XII, XIII, XIII-2, Lightning Returns and XIV are owned and not played) Animal Crossing: New Leaf with two towns...

Rather looking forward to playing Epic Manager.
I was one of the one thousand, one hundred and fifty seven Kickstarter backers
[+] 1 user Likes Dianna Bell's post
[+] 1 user Likes Dianna Bell's post
Hi everyone

I'm Andreas from germany and 36 years old programmer. Living in saxony where most other germans don't understand us Wink
It's shocking for the most: I dont like coffee.
But i still live, so you can see: it's possible Wink

I love kickstarter games and the concept of the game and hope that it exceeds our expectations. Good luck to you guys.
Can't wait to play the game.
Greetings from Germany Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Dipree's post
[+] 1 user Likes Dipree's post
Hello everyone,

I'm Jun from Ottawa. 33 years old programmer.
I am not very social guy. I don't know want to say.

Nice to meet you all.
See you in the game.
[+] 1 user Likes punkren's post
[+] 1 user Likes punkren's post
Hi welcome!

Always good to see new faces on the forum.
Enjoy your time and feel free to ask questions about the game.

Regards!
Sydney Holland
Hi,

I'm Colin. I've backed a bunch of games on KS - I mostly like helping out smaller independent development teams.

Really looking forward to getting to play Epic Manager eventually!

C
[+] 1 user Likes Colin's post
[+] 1 user Likes Colin's post
Hey peeps,

I'm 23 and based in New York. I play various genres of games, but my favourite genres are RPGs and RTS's.

Epic Manager kind of caught my eye because of an anime I watch, Fairy Tail, and I thought it'd be cool to handle the whole management aspect of a guild, rather than actually fighting battles.

I look forward to seeing what you guys come up with!
[+] 1 user Likes Laheon's post
[+] 1 user Likes Laheon's post
Hi fellow ManaVoid fans,

Custo here.

I enjoy: tea and long walks.
Gaming for decades now. Level 38 and hailing from the Netherlands.
Quite a wide range in gaming taste, but focus is strategy games and MMO's with friends.

Epic Manager stood out to me because it brings a lot of the things I love together. Management game and fantasy with quirky humor. I'm not into sport games so always missed out on football manager and similar games, glad Epic Manager comes along to fix that.

Sounds a bit like a personal ad this... No need, I'm spoken for. Tongue
Gamers are young at heart and creative thinkers. Shall we play a game?
[+] 1 user Likes CustodianV131's post
[+] 1 user Likes CustodianV131's post
Hi guys! Welcome to our forum!
If you've any questions regarding the game feel free to ask anything and suggestions towards the game is always welcome!
The manavoid team is actively reading the forum!

Enjoy your stay and happy posting!
Sydney Holland
[+] 1 user Likes Sydney's post
[+] 1 user Likes Sydney's post
Been a while since you had an intro on here, so why the hell not bump it with mine?

My name is Paronity, and I hail from an online community called GSN Gaming. I am a head admin over there. I manage all of our servers, RCON tools, and admin tools that we use to run the community regularly. Similarly, I write tools and software to help in that. One of the most used is Paronicon which is a CoD RCON tool for automating the server administration.

I am currently working freelance/sidejobs as I am in between jobs, but most recently was a senior software support engineer for IBM Watson. In my spare time, I like to play some games and I play all kinds (have 1150 in my steam library alone). Big Grin

I really look forward to seeing this game be released and am getting excited that it's getting close! I backed it the very first day it was on KickStarter. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Paronity's post
[+] 1 user Likes Paronity's post
Just signed up for the forums and ready to go. Added my key to steam and downloaded it on my new computer I just built. Very excited for this game and can't wait to get to play it and share my feed-back.

Long time gamer of video games, board games, role playing games and card games. Currently getting my 7 year old into Pokemon and Dragon Ball Z.
I play just about any game I can. Currently been Starcraft 2 and Alpha Protocol.
[+] 1 user Likes DeMyztikX's post
[+] 1 user Likes DeMyztikX's post
Been around for the almost two years since Kickstarter went through. I use my name as username as I do not have imagination. :p

28 years old, journalist from Brazil. I play any game that is put in front of me. Except for Tibia lol
[+] 1 user Likes Filipe Salles's post
[+] 1 user Likes Filipe Salles's post
Welcome DeMyztikX, Filipe and all other new user's who have just joined the Forums - It's a real pleasure to count you with us!
Simon 'OISIN' Girard
ManaVoid Entertainment
Hi, I'm Scurra (hiding behind a pseudonym although given that I use it in most places, it's not a very top secret one!)
I'm a game designer, although board games rather than card games, so the whole "balancing without breaking" dilemma is all-too-familiar to me. Smile

And I'm so glad to find out that the absurd combination of genres that this game promised seems to have been realised so well. And the unexpected quirky humour has kept me smiling ("Gump Forest" and "Elijah Woods" indeed...) even through the odd hangs. Will be keeping this one on regular rotation I suspect.
[+] 1 user Likes Scurra's post
[+] 1 user Likes Scurra's post
(06-11-2016, 09:23 AM)Scurra Wrote: Hi, I'm Scurra (hiding behind a pseudonym although given that I use it in most places, it's not a very top secret one!)
I'm a game designer, although board games rather than card games, so the whole "balancing without breaking" dilemma is all-too-familiar to me. Smile

And I'm so glad to find out that the absurd combination of genres that this game promised seems to have been realised so well.  And the unexpected quirky humour has kept me smiling ("Gump Forest" and "Elijah Woods" indeed...) even through the odd hangs.  Will be keeping this one on regular rotation I suspect.

Very nice to hear. Thanks. Big Grin

Yeah, balancing will be an ongoing battle for a while. Iteration, iteration... Wink
Frank "Lalight" Lalumière
ManaVoid Entertainment Dev Team