Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Welcome to the ManaVoid Forums! Please Introduce Yourself.
Hi there, I'm Chris .. 48 .. doh ... Live in the UK (up North) with wife and 2 kids ... Ive done all sorts of stuff... IT.. teaching.. back to IT strangely. Always wanted to complete developing a game, but something always gets in the way. Oh wait, thats LIFE.
Been a keen role player for longer than I care to remember ('77!!!!), yes we STILL game regularly.
Really looking forward to this one.
[+] 1 user Likes Chris Short's post
[+] 1 user Likes Chris Short's post
Hello all.
I'm something like 35, don't really count, from France. Old table RPG gamer and big RPG and MMORPG gamers on PC.

Have fun all it's late for me so going to sleep.

Fear is the mind-killer.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing....only I will remain.
[+] 1 user Likes Harmondale's post
[+] 1 user Likes Harmondale's post
Hoyhoy,
I'm Kelly, 40 year old student from Rural Minnesota in the US.
Avid Gamer, I've played about everything at one time of another... and held more jobs then i care to think about.  Going to school for programming.
Single, uncle of 4, supporting my father while in school.
I try to avoid kickstarter, unless something just leaps out and chokes me down to back it.  Love the premise here.
And Harmondale, "Let the sleeper awaken."
[+] 1 user Likes Kelly Olson's post
[+] 1 user Likes Kelly Olson's post
Hi all,

I was around in the Kickstarter under the monicker Fgomes, decided I should get something more fitting (you can't really have real names in a forum, can you?). 23 year old Portuguese IT Consultant exiled in the UK, have been gaming since I can remember and enjoy anything from mindless shooters to brainy puzzle games - it just depends on the mood.

Have a love of boardgames as well (for when the eyes are tired), comics, trash tv (for when the brain wants some rest).

Really looking forward to get some hot news for Epic Manager - it will surely be Epic!
[+] 1 user Likes signatus's post
[+] 1 user Likes signatus's post
Hey y'all!
I'm Max. 27 years old. Enjoys holding hands and long walks on the beach. Student in film and video game studies at the University of Montreal. I'm aquainted with Chris since 2013 where we did an assignement on immersion in video games together along with a few other nutjobs. I also troll forums and plan to continue my habit here. Don't worry, I'm a nice troll. Angel... Please don't ban for having a sense of humor.
[+] 1 user Likes Thread_Ninja's post
[+] 1 user Likes Thread_Ninja's post
Hi,

I'm Ben, 35 from the UK. I'm a marine engineer been into tabletop and computer games for years.
Nice to see I'm not the oldest person in the room, it bodes...

EF
[+] 1 user Likes Evilfriend's post
[+] 1 user Likes Evilfriend's post
Hello, my name is Enigo Montoya! You killed my father! Prepare to die!

Princess Bride references aside, my name is Bacon (on Hex) and I'm one of the most eccentric individuals you'll likely come across. I enjoy playing European board games, Shogi, TCG's (of varying types), RPG's, and cooking. It's also great seeing so many Hex names already on the forums here and I look forward to this game and forums being a home away from home.
[+] 1 user Likes Bacon's post
[+] 1 user Likes Bacon's post
Hello!
My name is Aaron. Im 35 from USA. I learned about this game through HexTCG, another Kickstarter game. This is my 6th game I have joined on Kickstarter and very excited to play this! I love tabletop games, play a few console games and a few comp games.

See you all around!

~Draconus
[+] 1 user Likes AaronTs's post
[+] 1 user Likes AaronTs's post
Hello,

My forum name is Cato. I also learnt about this game from HexTCG thanks to the legendary Cory Jones (HexEnt President) who blogged Epic Manager to 18,000 Hex Backers :-)

I'm an admin for a Gaming Group called The Unnamed Council, so far our investment as a group into Epic manager is about $1000 CAD. I can certainly say we are looking forward to seeing the game develop and are actively scheming to collaborate our pledge levels together Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Cato | TUC's post
[+] 1 user Likes Cato | TUC's post
Hi y'all!

Since you answered Simon's introduction in great numbers I thought I should follow.

I studied political philosophy and management before going for a career in game development for which I studied game design. I love building and playing games... studying them and discussing them too.

It came as a surprise to me at first, but I love programming and animating in 2d a whole lot too. Making games is a complete blast and for someone who cannot draw to save his life like me, it offers a fantastic creative outlit.

I love Rpg and sport games the most, although I do play all sorts of card, board, and video games. Spent basically all my teenage years playing D&D and Magic. I also enjoy turn based games a lot.

Recently, I played mark of the Ninja, Guacamelee,  Telltale Game of Throne, and Costume Quest 2. (That’s for the past month if even that)

I also like TV series a whole lot. Community, Big Bang Theory, Supernatural,  Newsroom... just to name a few.

I'm incredibly pumped to have the opportunity to spend 2015 getting Epic Manager ready for a full release. This concept is right up my alley and it's going to be a blast, even during the crunch and long hours.

I'll have the opportunity to talk to you more about myself and games on the forums for sure. As you can tell, I have a big mouth... even when I'm writing. Smile

Thanks to you for being part of this great adventure!
Frank "Lalight" Lalumière
ManaVoid Entertainment Dev Team
[+] 1 user Likes Frank's post
[+] 1 user Likes Frank's post
Hi. My name is Powerfists from The fantastic state of West Virginia. I have been a long time gamer even though I am only 29. I had very religious and strict parents. Meaning I basically had to stay at home in my room every day of the week. Trust me its not as bad as it seems, LOL. I am currently only active in a few games Diablo III and Smite. I am huge in the smite community and I have been invited to the studio's 3 times now. I started playing the game in alpha and haven't stopped since. I look forward to playing an early version of this game and giving you my feedback.
[+] 1 user Likes Joshua Muffins Butner's post
[+] 1 user Likes Joshua Muffins Butner's post
Hello Everyone! My name is Jason and I'm a 29 year old game design student at UAT. I have a wonderful wife and two kids, they are a great family and I wouldn't change them for anything! I have loved playing games for as long as I can remember. I have a very broad taste so I'll generally play anything. I do happen to gravitate more towards RPGs and strategy games though. I only recently got into game development and I have game I am working on that I may actually finish one day! I like to browse kickstarter every now and then to see if something catches my interest. Not only did this game catch my interest, but its the first game I've ever backed! I am very much looking forward to playing this game and chatting with everyone here while we wait! Congrats everybody on a successful KS campaign and heres to a great dev cycle!

--Tephlon12
[+] 1 user Likes Tephlon12's post
[+] 1 user Likes Tephlon12's post
Hey guys! My name is Ieuan, 20 years young, currently working at a supermarket. Been dating my girl for 2 and a half years. I'm generally a gamer, into my BOI, Hearthstone, and MOBAs. Second game I've backed Smile Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
[+] 1 user Likes Ieuan Miller's post
[+] 1 user Likes Ieuan Miller's post
Hello hello. Shardd here, working in the games industry, loving indies, football, Kickstarter and Epic Manager! Big Grin I have no doubt it'll be Epic Smile Crazy gamer here, playing anything from good mobile games (Marvel Puzzle Quest) to hardcore'ing on the Playstations (BF3-4, Skyrim, Soul Calibur & Tekken series, all PSN has to offer really) and indie'ing it up on PC (Banner Saga, GunPoint, FTL, and waiting for Kickstarter goodies such as Convoy, Basement, and of course Epic Manager!).
[+] 1 user Likes ScorpionShard's post
[+] 1 user Likes ScorpionShard's post
Hi, I'm Lucee (as my user name suggests). I live in the UK with my fiancée and we're both pretty into our gaming.

We play a fair variety of computer games, board games and real role-playing games (the ones with paper, pencils and dice). At present we have a game of Fate Core on Mondays, Pathfinder on Tuesdays and our board game night on Fridays. We don't have that many computer games, but what we do have includes, Lego Batman 2, Lego Marvel, Gears of War, Fallout 3 ... We do have a fair few role-playing games (we haven't actually counted them, but we have a tall bookshelf dedicated to said books), obviously inlcluding Pathfinder and Fate core, also; Trail of Cthulhu, Savage Worlds, A-state Godlike ... Finally to round it off we have around 80 board games plus 30 ish expansions, including Arkham Horror, Zombiecide, Sentinels of the Multiverse, Ghost Stories, Memoir '44 ...

I also love cooking, knitting, crochet, sewing (pretty much any craft with needles) and anything that possesses Tentacles!!  Shy
[+] 1 user Likes Lucee's post
[+] 1 user Likes Lucee's post
I am Leonardo, 25 years old Italian PhD student in mathematics (but living in the Netherlands atm).

I am interested in RPG stuff and videogame stuff, so.... here I am!

How come there are so many people from Netherland? :O
[+] 1 user Likes KhazNam's post
[+] 1 user Likes KhazNam's post
Hi, my forum name/gamertag is Justiis. I'm 32, from the midwestern portion of the US, and been playing games most of my life. I heard about this game through my guild buddies from Hex (The Unnamed Council). This is the first game I've backed on Kickstarter, and I am quite excited to be a part of the process, however small. It's always nice to see something new in video games, and this feels like the kind of game I never knew I always wanted.
[+] 1 user Likes Justiis's post
[+] 1 user Likes Justiis's post
Nice to meet all of you guys!
Welcome to the forum and enjoy your time!
[+] 1 user Likes Sydney's post
[+] 1 user Likes Sydney's post
Hi everyone!

My name is Christopher Chancey, I'm 25 years old and from Montreal, Canada. I am one of the cofounders of ManaVoid Entertainment and am super psyched to talk to you all!  Big Grin

A bit about me, I have a bachelors degree in Cinematography and Video Game Studies, from the University of Montreal, where I studied under great game theoreticians such as Bernard Perron, Carl Therrien and Dominic Arsenault. (Google them, you will learn TONS about games.) I also have a postgraduate degree in Video Game Design from the University of Montreal, where me and the other founders of ManaVoid met!

I've been DMing Dungeons and Dragons for about 10 years, I love the fantasy genre, creating stories and obviously gaming! My library holds around 100 Epic Fantasy Books, my favorite of which are the must-read Name of the Wind from Patrick Rothfuss AND Blood Song from Anthony Ryan. 

I am also a huge fan of eSports! I played Starcraft: Brood War at the highest level when I was younger and now play DotA2 regularly. For any eSports fans out there, I'm a pretty big fanboy of Team Evil Geniuses.  Wink

We all do a bit of everything for Epic Manager, but more specifically I do programming and the narrative design/writing for the game!

Feel free to call me out on a thread or PM me for any reason! Ask the guys, I have an opinion on everything.  Tongue  

Cheers to all and thank you for being so awesome.
Christopher ''The DM'' Chancey
ManaVoid Entertainment Dev Team
@ManaVoidChancey
[+] 1 user Likes Chancey's post
[+] 1 user Likes Chancey's post
Mark, 37 from the UK here - so glad this made it - very much looking forward to it.
[+] 1 user Likes Woozywyvern's post
[+] 1 user Likes Woozywyvern's post